Thread: Retrofitting Accufit Stock on 116

Basic Member

Retrofitting Accufit Stock on 116

I'm relatively new to bolt action rifles and recently acquired a (I believe 2009) 116 Weather Warrior in 300 Win Mag. The gun does not have Accustock and it is a bottom barrel release with the staggered drop out magazine. I'm aware that retrofitting an Accufit Stock will require altering the lug or replacing with an "AccuLug". I'm also aware that different variations of the Accufit stock are bottom bolt release or top/side bolt release and that the Long Action and Short Action stocks have different mounting points/distances.

My questions are:
    Do Accufit stocks have different size barrel channels?
    Are Accufit stocks interchangeable (taking into consideration Short/Long action, barrel release, type of magazine)?
    Both of these questions are kind of the same way of asking: Will a Varmint Accustock or a Apex Hunter Accustock or any other Accustock made for a Long Action, Bottom Barrel Release, Drop Out Magazine work on my gun?

A very similar question was asked here: Is the sporter Accustock exactly the same as the heavy barrel Accustock?

Thanks for your help!

Basic Member
    I owned an Accustock (predecessor to the Accufit stock) for a period of time and tinkered around with it. You seem to have a good understanding of the recoil lug differences.

Regarding barrel channels, I can't say if they all have the same channel or not. Your Weather Warrior is a relatively lightweight rifle and appears to have a slimmer sporter contour barrel. If I were forced to guess, I would say that your barrel will fit most Accufit barrel channels. In some cases, the channel could be oversized but that won't hurt anything and will guarantee a free float. If you were attempting to do the opposite and put a varmint contour barrel into a sporter stock, it may not fit. If barrel fit is an issue, you would most likely be able to open up the channel with some sanding which is commonly done on many types of stocks.

Bottom metal and magazine questions can be more difficult to answer because Savage has produced and sold a number of variants (top vs bottom bolt release, plastic vs. metal mag frame, mag release on the frame vs. on the magazine etc. etc.). There are several good articles on this forum which describe the differences.

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...Parts-Tutorial

https://www.savageshooters.com/conte...is-and-Premium

Good luck with your project.

Team Savage
    The Accufit-Accustock comes in sporter and varmint barrel channel configurations. The 110 varmint and tactical models have the a varmint barrel channel and beaver-tail type forearm with top bolt release. The sporter barrel channel AA stocks are bottom bolt release. Your 116 WW will fit in any LA Accufit-Accustock if you swap out recoil lugs as already mentioned. The Savage metal DBM assembly is standardized to fit all past and current Accustock’s. You just need the LA metal DBM frame assembly, magazine bottom cap and BBR trigger guard in SS.