I recently purchased a savage 110 with the AT in .270 caliber after several months of shooting some savage .17's with the triggers. As much as I was shooting them, it made sense to me to switch my deer rifle to one with the same trigger. Anyway, after alot of struggling with different loads and brands for the gun, I eventually tried something yesterday that worked out amazingly well, and wanted to see if this is a fluke, or the norm. My rifle will usually shoot the first round about 1 inch high at 100yds and then the groups will move down the target and sometimes to the right depending on how much I shoot and how hot it is outside. Then as the rifle cools, even slightly, the shots will start moving up and to the left again. This makes shooting groups very difficult, and I have moved the scope many times in frustration only to have everything move around again the next time out. Being that this is primarily a deer rifle, the most important thing is that first shot. Yesterday I decided to try to shoot a group of cold bore shots and only cold bores and move my scope accordingly. This may be common sense to most, but for some reason took me a while to figure out. i would shoot a round, then put my rifle in the truck with the ac on high for 30 minutes before the next shot was fired. Anyway, the result was outstanding compared to anything I have had this rifle do to date. I was shooting nosler accubonds 130grains with 55grains of hybrid 100 powder, and my 3 shot group was just under 1" at 200yds. Here is a pic of the target. Is this a normal thing? or is my rifle just really picky about being cold?

[img width=600 height=400]http://i387.photobucket.com/albums/oo315/fullup3/130grnosleraccubondhandload200ydsnoname.jpg[/img]