Thread: Savage Axis Stock Question

Savage Axis Stock Question

Hey guys, just joined the forum and introduced myself. I purchased me and my boys a 6.5 cm in an adult model. My oldest boy is 8 years old and will be using the gun as well. I notice the gun has what looks to be an adjustable stock? Is it possible to remove the spacer before the recoil pad to shorten it up some so my oldest boy can shoot it without my help? I bought it on Black friday and it was the last 6.5cm they had in stock and i didn't want to miss the sale so I went on and bought the full length version. What options do i have to help him out with shooting it? It will be a christmas present for him and i'd like to have it adjusted for him christmas morning. Did i mess up and should have just bought the youth model?

thanks in advance for any help. I'm new to savage and bolt action rifles so i will be looking to you guys for knowledge!

You "should" be able to remove the spacer, just be careful reattaching the recoil pad. I got my grand-daughter the compact, I felt the full length barrel would make the rifle to muzzle heavy, a bit unbalanced for her. In fact I also got a compact for myself, thought it would make for a handier woods rifle. Been a 110 shooter for 40 years, new to the Axis series the past two years.
    "So old a life sentence not a deterrent"

Basic Member
    Welcome,

I have an older compact model which isn't adjustable. Does the model you purchased have the AccuFit stock?

Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    Welcome,

I have an older compact model which isn't adjustable. Does the model you purchased have the AccuFit stock?

I believe it does. It was just purchased on Black Friday. I’ll look at it after the boys open for Christmas and let y’all know

Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    Welcome,

I believe it does. It was just purchased on Black Friday. I’ll look at it after the boys open for Christmas and let y’all know

Banned
    According to the savage home page it does not have an adjustable stock

Anybody got a spacer they want to get rid of. I need one for a 350 legend.

The standard Axis and compact use the same stock, only difference is the spacer between the butt pad and actual stock, the spacer can be removed, just be careful with it, don't "Bubba" it up! The compact also has a 20" barrel to balance it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Simmonp5 View Post
    Anybody got a spacer they want to get rid of. I need one for a 350 legend.

Hijacker...Start your own thread in the classifieds. If you cant post in the classified you need to find out why.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    There is a guy in here somewhere looking to reduce the length of his rifle. Maybe get with him and swap parts.

I know this is an older thread, but I just brought home a brand new Axis XP Compact in .223.

It feels good, but I thought I would check into a 'Spacer' for the stock as well as an AccuTrigger (as I really like the system on my 110 Hog Hunter). I called Savage and they advised me that there is no spacer for the stock and the AccuTrigger is not compatible with the Axis XP series.

Randie
    Fort Smith, AR
    Last edited by RCoulter52; 02-04-2021 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Change wording