This rifle was purchased in 2016 and was a huge disappointment right out of the box. When I could get it to fire, the spent shell would roll out of the receiver rather than being ejected. Upon disassembly and inspection, I found a burr in the hole for the ejector spring which prevented it from getting a good grip in the rim. Cleaning that fixed the ejection problem. The failure to fire and feed continued so I contacted Savage and returned the rifle for warranty repair. When it cam back, it was no better, I can't believe it was test fired at all. I have been so disappointed the rifle stays in my gun case.

A few weeks ago I contacted Savage Customer Service through their website and have yet to get a reply. Over the past few days I have had the rifle apart several times trying to figure out what is happening. Several others have posted similar feed problems to what I am experiencing, including J.Baker. The bolt will miss the rim and hit the case farther up and dent it. I purchased two new magazines hoping that would solve my feed problem, but no luck. I've had so many failure to fire episodes, I can't believe it is the ammo. Looks to me like the firing pin is too short, or maybe the return spring is too strong. I found that the striker does not hold the firing pin outside the hole in the bolt, it must rely on inertia for the firing pin to hit the rim. I guess there has to be a good balance on firing pin weight and spring weight to allow the cartridge to fire and at the same time, prevent slam fires.

I may try calling Customer Service to see if I can get some help. After four years, I know there will be no warranty consideration so I'll be paying for a fix. Maybe I need to send a letter to the CEO, Production Engineer and Quality Control guys to let them know how I feel about their product.