Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muzzle break on for a hunting rifle

Muzzle break on for a hunting rifle

I want to put a muzzle break on my older 111 in 30-06 ... something slim but capable to mitigate the recoil a little.
    Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Basic Member
    I’d recommend something that is ported and not a radial style if you do any shooting over a pack, bipod, prone, etc. to save yourself a face full of dirt. Other than that, they all seem to work to some degree of effectiveness. It won’t be as noticeable on your ‘06 as it is on an overbore magnum.

Basic Member
    All the good, self timing ones are on sale right now. Look at the Patriot Valley Arms Jet Blast or Back Country...I have several of them and really like the recoil reduction. But they do create quite the side blast if anyone is near you.

Try the Bravo Company flash hider for .30 cal. It has a mild but noticeable effect on recoil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Team Savage
    Harrell's, great customer service, price is right and they work. Got one on a 308 and it makes a world of difference..... but they are loud.

I had one on a hunting rifle once.

I cut it off.

Yeah, saying "they're loud" is an understatement.

If you get one, get one that has the ability to be turned off.

Not sure why you're wanting to put a Brake on a 30-06? Shoulder or medical problems?
    12F, McGowen 6.5x284 1-8&quot; twist, Nightforce 12-42x BR<br />BVSS, McGowen barrel, 22-250 1-9&quot; twist, Nikon 6-18x<br />16 FHLSS Weather Warrior, Sinarms 257 Roberts, Pentax 3-9<br />Stevens 200, 223 bone-factory-stock, Nikon 3-9x<br />Scratch-built BVSS, LW 243 1-8&quot; twist, Viper 6.5-20x50 mil-dot

Banned
    look up muzzle brakes and more
    they have 2 to 5 port brakes
    not sure why you want one on an '06, but your choice.

Ditto on the self timing but they are often more expensive. Im with you on a hunting weight 30-06, a break is the way to go. The reason for me liking the 7mm08 over the 06 in the woods. There is a guy that sells clamp on breaks if your barrel is not threaded. Might be in Colorado. Witt Machine I believe.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Banned
    if you get a clamp on brake instead of threaded, you will loose effectiveness.
    they have to provide large generic clearance which means more gas gets by.
    if you are going to do it, get the bbl threaded and the brake clearanced to match.

Basic Member
    Whitt machine custom cut's their brake's . I bet they have a black Friday sale . I have two one for a 308 and one for a 300 wsm . They work great no problems . About 500 rounds down the 308 . It does a great job with recoil and muzzle jump as the top is ported also . I lock Tite threads as per instructions as well as a little on the barrel its self .

Banned
    you cannot "Custom cut" a brake unless it is ON THE BBL.
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdombuilder View Post
    Whitt machine custom cut's their brake's . I bet they have a black Friday sale . I have two one for a 308 and one for a 300 wsm . They work great no problems . About 500 rounds down the 308 . It does a great job with recoil and muzzle jump as the top is ported also . I lock Tite threads as per instructions as well as a little on the barrel its self .

The Surefire ProComp is a very effective brake, that won't cost a car payment.

$0.02
    I'm a firm believer in the theory that if it bleeds, I can kill it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
    you cannot "Custom cut" a brake unless it is ON THE BBL.
    You send them 2 measurements of your barrel OD and they machine the ID of the brake to match.

Recoil is only a problem on the bench when you site in. When I take
    game, I never remember the gun going off. I guess the anticipation
    and adrenaline cancels out most of the senses.
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

I remember when Mikeinco was telling everyone on Accurate Shooter how much he knew and how everyone else was stupid. He is not on Accurate shooter anymore.

16. 11-27-2020, 07:35 PM
    Reason
    Multiple rule violations

Banned
    that is not CUSTOM..NOT MACHINED TO THE ZERO OF THE BORE..it just an od match.
    measure the hole in the center
    Quote Originally Posted by celltech View Post
    You send them 2 measurements of your barrel OD and they machine the ID of the brake to match.

Banned
    wow and when was the last time you saw mike in co on accurate shooter???

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    I remember when Mikeinco was telling everyone on Accurate Shooter how much he knew and how everyone else was stupid. He is not on Accurate shooter anymore.

Basic Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200.gif 
Views:	5 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	7596

National Champion "Broinco."

wow and when was the last time you saw mike in co on accurate shooter???

I really prefer not to but since you requested it......It has been a while back but here is a link to people making fun of you for being ...well just like you are on here, Ad Nauseam . I think you were referred to as "stool" and "Paul Revere" over there. One entry states how you are beating everyone up at Benchrest central. You really don't need this kind of validation do you? I mean we could be talking about Savages.

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/se...co&o=relevance

Basic Member
    Here all this time my thought that too much Covid or undesirable election results were causing this guy to treat people like sh**. Remembering his arguement about "precision" rifles....lol.... Looks like maybe he has been a goat for quite some time. Funny he lasted this long here.

Now i have to go back in my records and see if he might be the guy who sold me a Savage Right hand long action with stripped threads in the bolt body and a Left hand bolt head.
    Although it could have been from another forum and another guy somewhat like him.

Some people just dont care who they offend and screw over. They do not belong on forums with like minded individuals. One thing to disagree & state your opinion, but always a mistake to call out anyone as wrong unless it is for safety reasons.
    People like that can go over to Facebook and argue all they want. Chances are Facebook would like them because they like anything that most of the Brotherhood of barrelnuts would be against.

Banned
    atfq
    answer the freaking question
    not when was the last time someone MENTIONED mike in co,
    WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW MIKEINCO ON ACCURATE SHOOTER?

i know its hard some times
    I really prefer not to but since you requested it......It has been a while back but here is a link to people making fun of you for being ...well just like you are on here, Ad Nauseam . I think you were referred to as "stool" and "Paul Revere" over there. One entry states how you are beating everyone up at Benchrest central. You really don't need this kind of validation do you? I mean we could be talking about Savages.

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/se...co&o=relevance

Banned
    i have sold no rifles other than locally...nothing shipped to amyone
    AND NO DEFECTIVE RIFLES
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
    Here all this time my thought that too much Covid or undesirable election results were causing this guy to treat people like sh**. Remembering his arguement about "precision" rifles....lol.... Looks like maybe he has been a goat for quite some time. Funny he lasted this long here.

Now i have to go back in my records and see if he might be the guy who sold me a Savage Right hand long action with stripped threads in the bolt body and a Left hand bolt head.
    Although it could have been from another forum and another guy somewhat like him.

Some people just dont care who they offend and screw over. They do not belong on forums with like minded individuals. One thing to disagree & state your opinion, but always a mistake to call out anyone as wrong unless it is for safety reasons.
    People like that can go over to Facebook and argue all they want. Chances are Facebook would like them because they like anything that most of the Brotherhood of barrelnuts would be against.

Basic Member
    i have sold no rifles other than locally...nothing shipped to amyone
    AND NO DEFECTIVE RIFLES
    I never said or implied you did. Please read more carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
    I never said or implied you did. Please read more carefully.
    It is easier to block him. As i'm sure you know, there is an abundance of good information on this forum. Just not from broinco. I remember his type on the diesel forums in the early to mid 2000's.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast