Thread: 110 Storm in 30.06

110 Storm in 30.06

I have plans to purchase a 110 Storm in 30.06 for my son's birthday in April, if I can find one. For those in the know, is there any chance Savage will offer 30.06 in the Bear Hunter or I would give up the S/S for a Predator chambered in 30.06? I believe either of those camo patterned stocks would sell well chambered in 30.06 and .270 on the 110 Storm platform to deer hunters.

Basic Member
    I'm trying to make sense of what you are wanting based off your post. But I think, from what I can figure out, you are wanting a stainless steel 30-06 with a cammo stock?

Going off savage's website, it appears the bear hunter is just that, made for bears, so it is only in large hard hitting calibers.
    They do not list the 110 predator in 30-06 on their site.
    Now the 110 high country has a cammo stock, is offered in 30-06, and appears to be stainless steel that is coated in what they call PVD.
    https://www.savagearms.com/content?p...ummary&s=57410

As for availability, all I can say is good luck. Right now pretty much the whole world is out of stock of everything gun and gun related.

Quote Originally Posted by WinMod70 View Post
    I have plans to purchase a 110 Storm in 30.06 for my son's birthday in April, if I can find one. For those in the know, is there any chance Savage will offer 30.06 in the Bear Hunter or I would give up the S/S for a Predator chambered in 30.06? I believe either of those camo patterned stocks would sell well chambered in 30.06 and .270 on the 110 Storm platform to deer hunters.

I have one of the old left handed 116 FLCSAKs in 30-06 that had all the bells and whistles available at the time. (around 1995) It's still my favorite Savage that I own. It's a stainless left handed with a synthetic dual pillar bedded stock, detachable box magazine (old stagger feed) medium contour fluted barrel with an adjustable brake. (can be turned on or off) and unbelievably accurate.
    In a quest to get a newer model with all the latest innovations that they've added over the decades, accustock, accufit, accutrigger centerfeed mag, that also retains the adjustable brake and stainless fluted barrel, I've pestered them on the internet and their social media for years for "Bear Hunter" rifles to be made in standard calibers like 30-06.
    Maybe even a "deer hunter" lineup that have all the bells and whistles except in standard cartridges instead of magnums.
    I'm guessing theremust not be enough consumer interest in such a rifle to sell them or something.
    I don't see it happening unless a distributor somewhere was to order a special run of such rifles.
    They can build you one with all those features through their "special order shop" that can basically assemble factory parts into most anything you want but you're going to pay a premium for it.
    Then again, if all you want is the camo on stainless that can be easily remedied with a spray can (I like sponge camo and it's super easy) or a hydro dip. (lots of places do hydrodip)
    Good luck and I hope you find what you're after
    A good wife and a steady job has ruined many a great hunter.

At least I'm not alone in this quest. Without a doubt, as soon as I buy the current Storm offering in 30.06, they will release the "deer hunter" you describe. I have looked for years for what I consider the perfect deer rifle, S/S in a woodland type camo stock, as an off the shelf firearm in a 110, 700 or 70. I think such a configuration would sell.

Team Savage
    I'm going to have an '06 stainless barrel up for sale soon. I trimmed it to 21" and recrowned it, and it's a shooter. I'm converting that rifle to a .284 Win.