Thread: Savage 110 in 30-06

Question Savage 110 in 30-06

Hey y'all, just picked up my new (to me) Savage 110 the other day and was wondering if there was anything I should know or check over before I start full-on hunting? I fired a few rounds to make sure it was in working order, it seems to be working just fine and is pretty darn accurate. The rifle dates back to '98 from what I've researched so it should have plenty of life left. Heard a lot of things about the older savages but I don't wanna rely on any hearsay or hogwash.

One thing I'm definitely thinking about doing is putting a boyd's stock on it, the spike camp style in zombie hunter green looks really nice ngl. the barrel and bore look good other than very minimal surface rust that should be easy to clean off, so I'm probably gonna keep the barrel it has now. I will post some pics later once I get some coffee and fully wake up lol.

The Boyds stock is a good way to go. Get the pillars installed when you order the stock, will save some work for ya. A good cleaning of the action and barrel is a must. Use a good copper remover in the barrel to insure you get it clean and ready for the range.
    Vietnam Vet, Jun 66 - Dec 67