Thread: 110 barrel swaps

110 barrel swaps

New to here, got new10/110 308 LH Tac, want to swap to 20" barrel for hogs/close,any info bout switching A to B and back again could get u free bacon

Quote Originally Posted by leo7 View Post
    New to here, got new10/110 308 LH Tac, want to swap to 20" barrel for hogs/close,any info bout switching A to B and back again could get u free bacon
    Do a quick search, it’s been discussed in depth. Lots of good info on YouTube also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ninner hit it. The only other thing is that after once you will leave the short barrel on it. Get another action and stock for the other barrel.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Good point, i just want to keep the long barrel for my home in AK, I'm in FL and I want to shoot some pigs.just wondering about swapping, how much can the receiver take,screwing in n out, does it affect accuracy
    can I just screw in another barrel and keep shooting,does that barrel gotta get blessed by gunny?
    Last edited by leo7; 10-31-2020 at 02:03 AM. Reason: Dumb

Are you wanting a shorter threaded barrel? If your only going down to 18” what’s the point? I’m sure there is a theoretical max times you could swap the barrel but it shouldn’t be too low. As long as you witness mark the barrel you can thread it to exactly the same place and get by without checking headspace but it’s still best to to ensure your not a full turn loose mark it where the indentation would be covered by the nut if threaded in too far. Unless your doing a lot of these I’d just buy a second rifle. The tooling and headspace gauges are going to be cost prohibitive to do it right.

Jack saw it off. Take it to a smith and turn yourself a nice crown and some threads if that’s what you want. A savage barrel might not be a shileng but most of them are good.

Cheers Mate.

As I’m sure you know short barrels rob so much performance.
    I guess you could load up some hot 55gn rounds and get around 2700 maybe more

If you take care and use some Oil or never-sieze on the threads they will last longer. Just like any threaded item screwing and unscrewing metal to metal, things wear. Ensure proper alignment and support the weight of the barrel so there is no drag when putting it together, I believe would go a long way in preserving the integrity of the thread. Don't think 10 times changing the barrel is going to cause a great deal of harm.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.