Thread: Broke Stagger Feed Options

Basic Member

Broke Stagger Feed Options

I have a stagger feed 110 long action 30-06 in a wood stock about 1990 manufacture. I broke the tabs on the magazine box when I was glass bedding. Savage said they don't sell the replacements for stagger feed anymore. So I ordered a random place online and this one didn't fit.

What is my easiest option here? I read that I could order a replacement centerfeed box from savage and just glue it into the stock. Is that a realistic option?

Thanks in advance.

I’ve got a stagger feed box just sitting under a receiver I milled out for a failed 300 rum project the spring tension against the follower holds it tight against the receiver without any issues without either tab in contact, have you tried just putting it in and tightening the stock? If not brownells has them occasionally, you can get on a wait list if they don’t have one in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The inlet would need to be blocked in the front. Possibly inleted rearward to get the CF magazine to work. You might as well do what ninner says with the original block it in the right position and put a little epoxy to hold it in place. I use hobby plywood but anything will work.

If you do find a used one then look up the correct way to install a stagger feed magazine om this site.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    You might try Sharp Shooter Supply. They just took care of me on a similar need for a short-action stagger feed. They had it in stock and mail it out the same week.

Basic Member
    I attempted to put the new box I bought in without securing it already and it didn't work. I'm not sure where I put the original broken box. I'll call sharp shooter supply. If not I might try the center feed method