Thread: My Left Hand Savage Scout 308

My Left Hand Savage Scout 308

In April of this year, I had Savage build me a Left Handed 110 Scout rifle in 308. Currently they only offer their 110 Scout in Right Hand. They used the action / receiver off their 110 Tactical Desert LH rifle:
    https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=57524
    and the barrel off of their 110 Scout Rifle:
    https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=57136

I chatted with a nice woman named Effie who works in Savage's Special Order Department. She quoted me a MSRP of $1,110.00. My dealer charged me $1,050.00 which included shipping and tax. I picked up the rifle in August.

For a scope I already had a Leupold VX-R 1.5-5x33mm FireDot Scout on hand. Plus a set of 30mm Warne rings. I had bought this scope ring combo for a Left Hand Ruger Gun Site Scout Rifle that I bought used off of Gunbroker. Problem with the Ruger, was the action is horrible. The bolt has so much slop in it, that it's impossible to work the bolt from the shoulder. I swear I have a Ishapore 303 Enfield has a smoother action than that Ruger.

Other than shooting a couple rounds of Lake City 165gr FMJ 308 at my 25 yard gongs through the Savage with iron sights, I really haven't shot this rifle that much. I've been hoping my Dead Air Nomad-L suppressor would be approved so I could mount it on this rifle. Still waiting on that approval. Procrastinating further, I figured for this coming Deer Season, I'd just use my AR15 again like last year.

This last Thursday I mounted the scope on it, took it over to the local Hardware Store that doubles as a Gun Shop and had them laser bore sight it. Thursday afternoon I sighted it in at 25yds using 165gr Lake City bulk 308 FMJ.

I was having issues with with AccuTrigger - hence the odd 3, 2, 3, 2 groupings. I learned you need to be square on the trigger bar. Coming from the side / angle, will cause the sear to release with an audible click. Found that out after reading the manual again / more closely.

Friday, I took it over to the local DNR unsupervised outdoor range and confirmed my zero at 100yds. The range was busy and I didn't stick around to grab my target.

Opening Day of Missouri's Rifle Deer Season was Saturday. The morning was pouring down rain + thunder and lightning. I went out for bit and then called it quits. In the afternoon - I shot this button buck at around 150yds with a 165gr Federal Premium bonded.

TLDR - I like it. The AccuTrigger is different from any rifle I've used but I can get used to it.

Nice rifle. And meat in the freezer.
    I’m just setting up my Scout 11. Put a red dot on it, and need to get to the range.
    current season on bucks until November 30. I hunt hayfields, so am using a Savage 114 in 7mm RM with a bipod, as I get some longish shots.
    Hoping to try the Scout for some still hunting after I get some practice with offhand shooting.