Thread: bore guides - diff. b/t Possum Hhollow or Sinclaiir

Basic Member

bore guides - diff. b/t Possum Hhollow or Sinclaiir

I tried calling Possum Hollow to buy some bore guides, no answer, no call back, then no more answering machine.... then I tried couple there distributors on the website, one said, they refuse to deal with them. I tried very hard to download there chart to see what guides are right for my guns, but cant make the chart appear. I'm not very computer literate. Normally, I'd just find another manufacturer at this point, but seems these are the guides to get according to the posts I read on here.

So, i , called Brownells, they said, the guides are now called Sinclair, and are different. Then, I talked to someone else at Brownells, that said the Sinclair and Possum Hollow are the same. However they have different part numbers. Then another sales person said the Sinclairs are thicker. Then there tech guy asked if Ii want one piece, or two piece. I said whats better, and he said one piece. Then I asked why, he said, because its less pieces. Thats not the kind of reasoning I like. Please give me some advice, or pointers please.

I dont know what to believe, or what to buy. Can some of you please offer some help/explanation on this please.
    Have a .223, 6.5cm. 308 win, all being 12fv, and a AR. I cant view chart, so the girl at Brownells said she looked at there chart, but wasn't sure if #44 or #7, was the proper one for the 6.5cm. She thought #5 was for 308, and #2 for .223, and #19 for an AR.

What would help me, is if someone can confirm, these are the numbers I need off the chart for these savages. I dont want universal guides, I want proper guide made for the specific rifle. . Also, these numbers are for Possum Hollow, not Sinclair, I believe. Here is a link to there chart
    https://www.possumhollowproducts.com..._Chart_12.xlsx

Team Savage
    3-4 years ago, I used the Possum Hollow chart to order guides for my Savage 223, 308, 6BR, and 22RF. They all fit the receiver and seal the chamber as advertised. The labels have worn off so I can't verify the model numbers. I ordered replacement o-rings but have not found the need to replace them yet. I did not order the cleaning fluid ports, and have not found a need for them. I cover the buttstock with a towel with good results.

Ice tea, The chart is correct. I bought several guides from possum hollow many years ago. When possum hollow was still in business you could buy two piece guides which was regular guide and attaching piece with a port for cleaner. Sinclair started selling guide with built in port cheaper than possum hollow. Never used guide with port just straight, don’t really need port. Just put a rag under back edge of guide to keep soloution off of stock.

Basic Member
    Thank you MS50 and Robert. The problem is, I cant pull up the chart. I got a 160 dollar laptop, and even got some kids at a deli, to try to make my computer view the chart, but we cant get it too. Trying to confirm, the numbers I listed are as good as it gets for the caliber listed, and am lost on what number is for 6.5 creedmoore. thanks

Team Savage
    I see what you're saying. I searched around the net. On Longrangehunting.com a thread discussed which guide for the 6.5 creedmoore. The shooter said he talked to Possum Hollow (in 2018) and was told a #4 will work. I measured my #4 for the 6br and the #5 for the 308, they're the same. The spreadsheet from Possum Hollow, and the compatibility guide from Midway don't list the 6.5 or 260. I'm starting to overthink this. Have a little time on my hands.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MS50 View Post
    I see what you're saying. I searched around the net. On Longrangehunting.com a thread discussed which guide for the 6.5 creedmoore. The shooter said he talked to Possum Hollow (in 2018) and was told a #4 will work. I measured my #4 for the 6br and the #5 for the 308, they're the same. The spreadsheet from Possum Hollow, and the compatibility guide from Midway don't list the 6.5 or 260. I'm starting to overthink this. Have a little time on my hands.
    EXCELLENT find MS50. Im looking at the spreadsheet on Midway right now. I cant see the Possum Hollow one, but if there the same, that will eliminate my problem. What is showing on sheet right below #4, is #44, and it says "6.5-284 6-284". Im thinkin, that must be the best optiopn? Thank you for your effort. I been strugggling w/ this for couple months, and keep putting it off. I thought I'd get this solved here

The 308 one will work.