Thread: AccuStock tightening question

Basic Member

AccuStock tightening question

I was reading in the FAQ section about tightening/torquing the AccuStock. The one in the FAQ section is in regards to the older 3 screw stock. Do those instructions still apply to the new AccuStock and do you tighten the screw closest to the end of the barrel first when you start torquing. Here is the instructions on the old stock........

2. With the action inserted into the stock, justify the action toward the rear of the stock to allow the recoil lug on the action to be seated against the boss on the aluminum rail.

3. Tighten the forward most screw to 10 in.-lbs. to seat the action against the aluminum rail boss, then back out one-half turn.

4. Tighten the middle action screw to 10 in.-lbs.

5. Tighten the rear action screw to 10 in.-lbs.

6. Tighten the forward action screw to 10 in.-lbs

Repeat steps four through six and increase torque value in increments up to a final torque value of 40 to 45 in.-lbs.

Omit the instructions for the front screw(most forward), the one in front of the recoil lug and carry on.

This is what the front screw did...

The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

My greatest improvement with that stock was to bed the front recoil lug. I use bow string wax and JB weld. Around the rear tang and the action sides JB weld steel stick works great, because you form it into a puddy textured bedding source. Easy to work with.
    Cheers
    Let us know how your shooting and different loads your experimenting with. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Omit the instructions for the front screw(most forward), the one in front of the recoil lug and carry on.

This is what the front screw did...

Thanks, and appreciate your knowledge here. So just do the two screws at 10lb each back and forth until I reach 40-45lb?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamiltonkiler View Post
    My greatest improvement with that stock was to bed the front recoil lug. I use bow string wax and JB weld. Around the rear tang and the action sides JB weld steel stick works great, because you form it into a puddy textured bedding source. Easy to work with.
    Cheers
    Let us know how your shooting and different loads your experimenting with. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ve not done anything like that I will definitely look into it. It shoots great but always wanting to get the most accuracy out of it I can. Thanks for posting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bama110Tac View Post
    I’ve not done anything like that I will definitely look into it. It shoots great but always wanting to get the most accuracy out of it I can. Thanks for posting that.

You are very welcome. I have never bedded the tang on a savage and I am not trying to be disrespectful to Hamilton but the consistency of that epoxy would require some stress to mold into shape. There may be more effective ways to bed a accustock. Then again I have never tried his method and it may be the bomb.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.