Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems cutting, threading, and recrowning a barrel.

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
    lets see you prove me wrong
    precision rifles not hunting tactical rifles
    The person making the claims should be the one who provides the proof. Think about it.

Banned
    You claimed i was wrong.
    Where is your proof..
    Put up or.....
    Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
    the person making the claims should be the one who provides the proof. Think about it.

Banned
    i proved the ONE SOURCE claimed was not a source of precision rifles, but tactical and hunting rifles.

The person making the claims should be the one who provides the proof. Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinco View Post
    I
    Nothing but noise.....

How about getting this thread locked
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

I just added a person in co to my ignore list.

Basic Member
    Never had to ignore anyone, regardless of their tenacity, but maybe time to. My guess is the "Covid" thing is working on some different than others and must give them the benefit of the doubt. Let them get the nasty out of their systems.

Anybody that searches "precision" rifles will come up with a list of at least 10 well known manufacturers.
    A search of custom rifle builders that do not use reamers with pilots comes back basically empty. I've "ackleyed" a couple of chambers without a pilot but we all know the reamer will follow the original chamber, simple physics. No one should have to prove anything, especially when using subjective terms.

Banned
    that is how precision rifle chambers are cut.
    the bbl is taper bored to match the reamer.
    the tapered bore guides the reamer.
    I've "ackleyed" a couple of chambers without a pilot but we all know the reamer will follow the original chamber, simple physics. No one should have to prove anything, especially when using subjective terms.

Mike, You speak of truth and facts. You stated earlier that you were a national champion. Can you give us some facts. What year did you achieve national champion status? Who was the sanctioning body? Discipline? Number of competitors? Remember, I know.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Too bad all smiths didn't have equipment that "tight". They could dial it in at a fraction of a tenth and then use they could use all their old reamers because the pilots wouldn't even touch! Biggest advantage of using no pilot would be to a more effective flushing during operations. The setup for quality chambering is most important. If the lathe won't hold the tolerance, no amount of setup and prebore is going to make the chamber "true". The benefit of more effective flush is probably the biggest advantage, similar to cutting a chamber by hand with frequent cleanings every .010 or .020.
    The end result of a "clean", "round", concentric to bore is attainable in more than one way.
    The term "precision" is being used pretty loose and actually would be an insult to a bunch of top end smiths who build rifled for a host of competitors and "national champions".

Banned
    i was pretty clear with the word precision...as in not hunting and not tactical.
    Too bad all smiths didn't have equipment that "tight". They could dial it in at a fraction of a tenth and then use they could use all their old reamers because the pilots wouldn't even touch! Biggest advantage of using no pilot would be to a more effective flushing during operations. The setup for quality chambering is most important. If the lathe won't hold the tolerance, no amount of setup and prebore is going to make the chamber "true". The benefit of more effective flush is probably the biggest advantage, similar to cutting a chamber by hand with frequent cleanings every .010 or .020.
    The end result of a "clean", "round", concentric to bore is attainable in more than one way.
    The term "precision" is being used pretty loose and actually would be an insult to a bunch of top end smiths who build rifled for a host of competitors and "national champions".

Banned
    its been posted before
    clue
    600 yard benchrest

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    Mike, You speak of truth and facts. You stated earlier that you were a national champion. Can you give us some facts. What year did you achieve national champion status? Who was the sanctioning body? Discipline? Number of competitors? Remember, I know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SSBLOCK.png 
Views:	17 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	7528

Hey look, some guy in CO isn't being rude anymore.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12