Thread: Very happy with my 200

shelbyfan

Very happy with my 200

Shot my Stevens 200, 300 WinMag, for groups today, sighting in at 200 yards zero for hunting.
    I am loading 200 Grain Nosler accubonds and have three groups in a row that measure .969, 1.056, 1.002, three shots each.

I also have loaded some 220 Interlocks for grins and giggles. They are consistent at 2'' at 200 yards.

No mods other than a B&C stock that is bedded. Scope is a Leupold VX1 4-12x40.

Extremely happy with this rifle. I think the only future mods to this is going to be a trigger, don't want it to heavy for hunting.

Basic Member

Re: Very happy with my 200

Glad to see it. These are the best value in my opinion.

I have a 223 200. It has shot .3's. It will consistently shoot 1/2 inch with my handloads and 1 inch with factory stuff it likes. All this is at 100 yards. I have tensioned the barrel to cure a heat related drift in POI. It is in a Stockade stock, has a SSS trigger as well as a Stockade bolt lift kit.

I am very happy with my rifle and now that I have found a decent 500 yard range to shoot at I will definately be shooting it a lot more.

Dolomite

Basic Member

Which B&C Stock do you have on it?

EVOC ONE

Understanding that recoil in relative to the individual, how do you find it with .300 Win mag and the Mod 200?

Thanks.

shelbyfan

Bell & Carlson Duramaxx. I will say, the factory tupperware shot far better, going from MOA with the factory to 3 MOA with the B&C, then I bedded it. The results make me happy.

As for recoil. I put about 50 rounds through it in the last couple of days and no problems, but I absorb recoil easily. Heavy stock and a nice, cushy recoil pad help a lot. After about ten relatively quick shots I noticed it. I will say, the factory recoil pad does nothing for recoil, I believe they used a piece of tire from a semi. That hurt.

EVOC ONE

Quote Originally Posted by shelbyfan
    Bell & Carlson Duramaxx. I will say, the factory tupperware shot far better, going from MOA with the factory to 3 MOA with the B&C, then I bedded it. The results make me happy.

As for recoil. I put about 50 rounds through it in the last couple of days and no problems, but I absorb recoil easily. Heavy stock and a nice, cushy recoil pad help a lot. After about ten relatively quick shots I noticed it. I will say, the factory recoil pad does nothing for recoil, I believe they used a piece of tire from a semi. That hurt.

Appreciate the info and reply.