Hey all,
This is my first time posting on here and I am glad I found this forum. Seems like a lot of knowledgeable people on here and good information.

I recently traded my Marlin .30-.30 on a Youth Model Axis .243 for my 8 year old boy. I’m trying to get him into hunting and the Marlin was too big for him. Anyways, I sighted it in this past weekend and I was in totally disappointed and shocked at the amount of recoil this gun has. I am not recoil sensitive or anything of that nature. I have shot a lot of different guns in different calibers. I normally hunt with my Savage 110 .270. The .243 actually has ALOT more recoil than my .270. I ended up shooting the gun 10-12 times on my outing and my shoulder is barely tender, but I notice it still there. I would compare the outing to going dove hunting with a 12 gauge and the feeling you get afterwards. Something tells me this isn’t normal, especially for a .243. Are there issues with recoil on the axis? I was shooting Hornady American Whitetail 100gr.

I called Savage and they offered me to send the gun back to them with shipping there at my expense. I wanted to do that as my last resort. The guy also told me they recommend shooting 100gr ammo through it.

Thanks