Thread: HELP

HELP

Anyone with a Criterion 6 CM Match

Team Savage
    MAX case length is determined by the actual "measured" length of your chamber. And FYI, most chamber reamers cut the chamber about .020 + longer than the "listed MAX trim length". Measure your chamber, write that measurement down and refer to it before you think about any brass trimming.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
    MAX case length is determined by the actual "measured" length of your chamber. And FYI, most chamber reamers cut the chamber about .020 + longer than the "listed MAX trim length". Measure your chamber, write that measurement down and refer to it before you think about any brass trimming.
    CORRECTED , meant to ask about MAX length from case head to the bullet ojive ; ie, the longest a bullet can be seated, either Max. for magazine fit OR before the bullet jams into the lands

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter0302 View Post
    CORRECTED , meant to ask about MAX length from case head to the bullet ojive ; ie, the longest a bullet can be seated, either Max. for magazine fit OR before the bullet jams into the lands
    That will be chamber and magazine specific. Check out the Chasing The Lands videos done by Eric Cortina on YouTube. I went to my reloading room after watching them. Amazing how different the measurements were vs using the Hornady OAL gauge. Seat a bullet in a dummy, wipe some case lube on the bullet and chamber. If it doesn't fit in your mag, seat the bullet in the dummy until it does. Then tune from there.

It would really be nice if thoses feeling the need to post here would READ and Try to comprehend what I asked.?? I asked IF anyone had a Criterion 6 CM match chamber, what was your Max loaded round OAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    That will be chamber and magazine specific. Check out the Chasing The Lands videos done by Eric Cortina on YouTube. I went to my reloading room after watching them. Amazing how different the measurements were vs using the Hornady OAL gauge. Seat a bullet in a dummy, wipe some case lube on the bullet and chamber. If it doesn't fit in your mag, seat the bullet in the dummy until it does. Then tune from there.

READ THE PART ABOVE THAT , I ASKED ABOUT A SPECIFIC Bbl. AND CHAMBER

Basic Member
    those measurements will be unique to your rifle. two barrels made even one after the other will result in slightly different measurements. both should be within SAAMI spec which you can google yourself. what exactly are you trying to prove/disprove?

I almost preempted your capital letter bold response but I wanted to try to put in a little help and give you the benefit of the doubt. Take care and good luck.

*Moderators - Is there a forum tool to block posts by certain members? Some forums have this option. If not, I get it. I can just skip anything started by 0302.

Quote Originally Posted by hambandit View Post
    those measurements will be unique to your rifle. two barrels made even one after the other will result in slightly different measurements. both should be within SAAMI spec which you can google yourself. what exactly are you trying to prove/disprove?
    It isn't worth your time to help this 0302 zero.

Team Savage

Quote Originally Posted by Orezona View Post
    I almost preempted your capital letter bold response but I wanted to try to put in a little help and give you the benefit of the doubt. Take care and good luck.

*Moderators - Is there a forum tool to block posts by certain members? Some forums have this option. If not, I get it. I can just skip anything started by 0302.
    Sure is, click on the user's name and in the profile page select IGNORE.

Quote Originally Posted by PhilC View Post
    Sure is, click on the user's name and in the profile page select IGNORE.
    Done. Thank you Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by hambandit View Post

pm sent

Team Savage
    "those measurements will be unique to your rifle. two barrels made even one after the other will result in slightly different measurements"
    Your barrel and my barrel will for sure be different.
    What you need to do ALSO is measure your freebore with a dummy round or the proper plug tool (as stated), write that measurement down and refer to it when you seat your bullets. You change bullet design and you're starting all over again. I do that for each bullet I shoot. That also shows you how far the throat has worn so you can keep seating close to the lands.
    Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.