Thread: Update - First shots with new B22

Basic Member

Update - First shots with new B22

HI - I wanted to follow up on the post about the bore pics last week. I got out Sat and got some rounds fired before the 10-klik breeze changed to 20+kliks and started moving my shots around. Thanks weatherman for the accurate forecast -NOT! I have to drive 40 kliks to my range, so the wind p-d me off.
    I started with Federal Champion 40gSV and fired 50 rounds, including Zero shots. I'm using a Bushnell Engage 6-18x50 that I moved from my .308. Had to add a cheek riser for the 50mm It got some looks at the range, not too many B22s around I guess
    Towards the end the wind was starting to come up and I sorta rushed shots. The circled numbers are the sequence of shots.
    Overall I was very pleased with this, and can see it getting better when the air is still. And the 'V' barrel impressed other shooters at the range. For a rifle under $350 CDN (about $270 USD) this is a great shooter !
    Before going out I thoroughly cleaned the rifle, even disassembling the bolt to 'break the edge' of the locking pin slot and also where the bolt handle locks down. I cut my thumb on that while cleaning. After a bit more shooting I plan to run some Rem 40x bore polish thru to maybe smooth the barrel more, if the borescope shows it needs it after 2-300 rounds. One further note - I found loading pretty easy, but never used a 10/22 to compare. My 64 needs a 'trick' to load those mags too. I DO plan to break some sharp edges on the lower left corner of the loading gate of the mag, tho. I'll do pics b4 & after for that.

[IMG][/IMG]some
    Last edited by Fasteddie01; 09-28-2020 at 09:50 AM. Reason: New Pic