Thread: DNZ Long Range game reaper

mjd199

DNZ Long Range game reaper

Has anyone had any experience with the 20 moa game reapers? Are these pretty new cause I haven't been able to find much information on them aside from DNZ's website. Also this might be a stupid question, but with the 20 moa base, are you still able to zero at 100yds, or will you run out of adjustment and shoot high? I want to try some long range shooting but will mostly be at a 100yd range.

82boy

Re: DNZ Long Range game reaper

Yes this is a newer product, and the first I have heard about it.

It is hard to tell if you would have enough adjustment to get a zero at 100 yards, it would depend on the cartridge you are using, and the amount of tracking in the scope. In my past experience, If I had a scope that had enough adjustment to get a zero at 100 yards with a 20 MOA base, then I didn't need a 20 MOA base. My experience, I have found that with scopes that have limited amount of adjustment that I would require a 20 MOA base I could not even get close to have a 100 yard zero.

If you are mostly planning to shoot 100 yards, and you don't even know how far you are planning to shoot out past that I would just not get a 20 MOA. In my experience (Remember the cartridge has a lot to play in this also.) most scope have enough adjustment to go out to 600 yards, now if you are planning on shooting out to 1000 yards then a 20 MOA base may be needed. If they offer a 10 MOA base that may be better suited to your needs. I have a 20 MOA base on my long range gun, but I used Burris signature rings to take all of it out, so that it is a 0 MOA. With either a Weaver T36 or a Vortex crossfire I have plenty adjustment to got way past 1000 yards. I stick to shooting flat shooting rounds, but if I was to shoot something with a rainbow trajectory, I would say I would still have enough adjustment to got out to 1000 yards.

mjd199

Re: DNZ Long Range game reaper

Thanks, that makes much more sense now. So the 20 moa bases are more for dedicated long range shooting. I probably won't be shooting past 600 so I should be able to get the adjustment out of the scope.