I picked up a rare Savage .380 in nickel a couple of years ago, I've been looking for one in .32 for sometime, snagged one at auction over the weekend, this one came out of an old collector's estate. The pistol was produced in the year 1918 (102 years old) so it's one of the last thick serrated slide model 1907s produced. The pistol has a bit of dried oil on the internals so I've got some cleaning to do overall finish of the pistol looks good no noticeable peeling or flaking which for a 102-year-old nickel-plated pistol is pretty incredible.

All records indicate that Savage only nickel plated around 650 pistols divided equally between the two calibers in their entire production run over 20 years, there a lot of aftermarket nickel jobs on Savages out there that people have had done after the pistols left the factory so when you're hunting for one you have to be very careful. This particular pistol has the last three digits of the serial number inscribed on the breach block and slide, it said that Savage did this to indicate each component belonged to a particular frame, this was supposedly due to a tolerance issue after plating the components to ensure the pistols were squared up properly. This is not however the case 100% of the time for example my .380's components are not individually serialized but the pistol lettered as a nickel plated pistol from Savage. I hope to have better pictures soon.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk