Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harris Bipod

Quote Originally Posted by tobnpr View Post
    I have some Harris pods, but also several Blackhawks.
    I really like the pivot/traverse features- much faster getting on target and less effing around. Just get the legs "close" on uneven surfaces and you can swivel/level the rifle as needed without fiddling with the legs to get it correct. I can pivot from one steel plate to another at range without touching the bipod.

https://blackhawk.com/sportsters-traversetrack-bipod/

9"-13" is way too tall for bench shooting- may be OK for prone depending on the individual (or tall grass) but 6"-9" works for me in both applications.
    Blackhawk looks nice. Wish I'd seen it sooner.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Banned
    I use Caldwell & one of the clones called Cvlife. I won’t spend over $40 on a bipod. The Harris are nice, but being I can buy 4 or 5 of the Cvlife units for 1 Harris, makes it a deal breaker. And I certainly do not understand a $300 bipod?? I mean, it’s a perch for the rifle. Literally! A brick could do the job. Eventually I’ll design build my own. And it’ll use mostly 7075-T6 Billet...probably use a touch of Titanium in it because, well... that’s just what I do, LOL! But until then, I’ll continue saving a buck here to go to other things. Oh, and I actually prefer 9-13”, but I’m really tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    I use Caldwell & one of the clones called Cvlife. I won’t spend over $40 on a bipod. The Harris are nice, but being I can buy 4 or 5 of the Cvlife units for 1 Harris, makes it a deal breaker. And I certainly do not understand a $300 bipod?? I mean, it’s a perch for the rifle. Literally! A brick could do the job. Eventually I’ll design build my own. And it’ll use mostly 7075-T6 Billet...probably use a touch of Titanium in it because, well... that’s just what I do, LOL! But until then, I’ll continue saving a buck here to go to other things. Oh, and I actually prefer 9-13”, but I’m really tall.
    I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    ....And I certainly do not understand a $300 bipod?? I mean, it’s a perch for the rifle. Literally! A brick could do the job. Eventually I’ll design build my own. And it’ll use mostly 7075-T6 Billet...probably use a touch of Titanium in it because, well... that’s just what I do, LOL! But until then, I’ll continue saving a buck here to go to other things. Oh, and I actually prefer 9-13”, but I’m really tall.
    So eventually you are going to machine your own $300 bipod? :) Or just a brick made out of Titanium? :)

While I like bipods, what you are really trying to do is have a bench rest mount that is portable and attached to your rifle. This is then a compromise based on how much you want it to weigh, and cost. How portable does it need to be? How stiff does it need to be? So, like bench rests, you can spend a little or a lot depending on how you want it to work.

I get by with a $75 bench rest or similar bipod. But, I am not trying to shoot 0.1MOA groups either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    So eventually you are going to machine your own $300 bipod? :) Or just a brick made out of Titanium? :)

While I like bipods, what you are really trying to do is have a bench rest mount that is portable and attached to your rifle. This is then a compromise based on how much you want it to weigh, and cost. How portable does it need to be? How stiff does it need to be? So, like bench rests, you can spend a little or a lot depending on how you want it to work.

I get by with a $75 bench rest or similar bipod. But, I am not trying to shoot 0.1MOA groups either.
    Yes, eventually I will design and machine a really nice bipod that looks like it would cost several hundred $$. Although I’ve already done a basic outline cost of around $100 for materials. Understand, this has nothing to do with wanting an Uber high cost bipod. For me, it’s the thrill of machining a high quality part. Really comes down to my love of machining/making/building parts.

I agree with you also. I’m not looking for groups like that either. Just the best I can.

Banned
    as usual it comes down to your version of accuracy.
    the fclass guys spend hundreds on bipods they provide solid platform and repeatability.
    there a few out there still shooting of a harris, but not many and not for long.
    like i said depends on your version of accuracy.

Banned
    crossfire is the very bottom of the vortex line of scopes.
    maybe 5 or 6 layers to the top.
    i did not say it was bad, but does not take much to be better.

Quote Originally Posted by nw3dogs View Post
    Mine came with the Vortex Crossfire 3-9x-40. So somewhat decent I believe.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

So a crossfire is like a Bushnell banner ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12