Thread: Convert Model 11 Scout .308 Bottom Metal to newer Scout 110 Bottom Metal?

Convert Model 11 Scout .308 Bottom Metal to newer Scout 110 Bottom Metal?

This is my first post, so thanks for having me aboard! I'm sure other Model 11 Scout owners have had the "I should have waited" moment when seeing the new Model 110 Scout come out. I love my scout but would love it even more if I could use the widely available AICS magazines instead of the impossible to find and expensive Savage magazines. Does anyone know if the bottom metal from the new 110 Scout would fit the previous model 11 Scout? I've explored after market bottom metals from PT&G (currently unavailable) and CDI (out of business?). I have another bolt rifle in .308 that uses AICS magazines and it would be awesome to use the same mags for both rifles. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catfish83 View Post
    This is my first post, so thanks for having me aboard! I'm sure other Model 11 Scout owners have had the "I should have waited" moment when seeing the new Model 110 Scout come out. I love my scout but would love it even more if I could use the widely available AICS magazines instead of the impossible to find and expensive Savage magazines. Does anyone know if the bottom metal from the new 110 Scout would fit the previous model 11 Scout? I've explored after market bottom metals from PT&G (currently unavailable) and CDI (out of business?). I have another bolt rifle in .308 that uses AICS magazines and it would be awesome to use the same mags for both rifles. Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I thought savage sold (around $100) the metal piece that replaces it so it would take AICS
    Mags.. i could be mistaken.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

That would be awesome! I've had trouble getting through to Savage customer service last week, so I thought I'd try here. I'll definitely look into that! Thanks!

Basic Member
    That would be awesome! I've had trouble getting through to Savage customer service last week, so I thought I'd try here. I'll definitely look into that! Thanks!
    No problem, i could be slightly wrong but I think im right

Basic Member
    I think that the older versions are bottom release. The new version it top release. There may be an issue as the mag release takes up room where the bottom release button is.

Quote Originally Posted by Back2Wyo View Post
    I think that the older versions are bottom release. The new version it top release. There may be an issue as the mag release takes up room where the bottom release button is.
    Got through to Savage customer service this morning and they confirmed the issue with the bolt release. The Model 11 with its bottom bolt release makes it incompatible with the Model 110 bottom metal. Looks like I'll be trying to find a PT&G in stock somewhere. Thanks for the help!

Basic Member
    Got through to Savage customer service this morning and they confirmed the issue with the bolt release. The Model 11 with its bottom bolt release makes it incompatible with the Model 110 bottom metal. Looks like I'll be trying to find a PT&G in stock somewhere. Thanks for the help!
    Hope you find it.. if I happen to run across anything ill certainly let you know

Basic Member
    You may want to get ahold of robinhood or sharpshooter.. they are in this forum and both seem to be extremely savvy about savage rifles.

IIRC the AICS bottom metal inlet differs slightly from the standard bottom metal. I recall someone had posted pictures of where they tried to inlet their DBM equipped Model 12 VLP stock to accept the AICS bottom metal and the inlet for the bottom metal got into the recoil lug pocket making a hole in the stock.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain