Thread: Unbelievable but true

Unbelievable but true

I was at Walmart to get some glue and passed by the sporting goods.There was a axis in 243 in there for $49 ! For $57.31 I walked out the door with it and a big box of oatmeal. I forgot about the glue.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy 8 View Post
    I was at Walmart to get some glue and passed by the sporting goods.There was a axis in 243 in there for $49 ! For $57.31 I walked out the door with it and a big box of oatmeal. I forgot about the glue.
    Damn.. someone mislabeled something.. good buy)

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I think the Walmart brand oatmeal must be made by Quaker because i cant tell the difference.
    Never tried the Axis brand but for that price id be tempted.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    I think the Walmart brand oatmeal must be made by Quaker because i cant tell the difference.
    Never tried the Axis brand but for that price id be tempted.
    I think axis is their most basic entry level rifle but that being said, I purchase one axis before and 1st thing I did was strip it down to bare reciever to check that face was true, bolt was on coaxial center and everything was square.. i realize this could have been a exception but I ended up rebarreling with a shilen and it makes one small hole at 200 yards.. it could definitely use some tuning in the bolt to make it easier to cycle but overall it is a great rifle.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I love my little Axis. It was a Walmart special with the HB in .223. I will be a bit sad when that barrel is worn out. Close to 3000 rounds now.

Walmart is currently having a clearance on rifles, particularly Savage. I've picked up an Axis .270 for $49, an Axis .243 XP package (wood stock and Weaver scope) for $74, and an Axis Predator .223 HB, accutrigger, with scope for $199. Add to this that Savage is currently offering a $50 rebate... Win - Win. I've shot the .223 so far... after a good cleaning and break in it shot a .54 inch 5 shot group at 100 with 52 SMK (24 gr AA2200)... a new scope is in order and I will likely replace the stock on that one as I'm not a fan of the plastic stock that came with it. Planning on rebarreling the .270 at some point and replacing the stock... the .243 is for light hunting... Good Hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy 8 View Post
    I got a similar deal. I paid $74 for one and a $50 rebate. Check the savage website there is a $50 rebate. So essentially savages paid you $1 to take the gun from Walmart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep! I'm loving it....

Glad you found one. I had posted on a thread below on 8/8 when they were marked down to $124 but no one responded, so I thought the interest in the Axis was dead. I wound up getting 2 for $124 each (a .22-250 and a 6.5) and then after the final drop, a .30-06 for $49 and then a .223 Camo HB with AccuTrigger for $79.

Basic Member
    Times like this I wish our Walmart's still carried rifles.

They still have some in Gallup.

Basic Member
    Yeah not only is Wal-mart running clearances on Savages ($49 for the plain black plastic stock version, or $74 for the hardwood stock version with scope), but savage has a $50 rebate on them right now which makes them free and $24 respectively.

I've picked up 7 within the last week (only can do rebates on 5 but its good even before rebate). 2 or 3 I want to keep in original calibers (.243, 6.5 Creedmoor, and maybe the .308), but the others I'm probably going to end up rebarreling with ER Shaw barrels later on to something more interesting.

Basic Member
    Same in IL. on sale. Most went for $124-184, but last two in stock ( .270 & 30-06 ) went for $75. With the rebate, and I hope the buyer knows about it those, they are giving them away. Between my brother and I we picked up a total of 6. Can't beat that deal and when I was in there last they just loaded the cabinet with AxisII so appears they are just getting rid of old stock. I don't mind :)

There is a $50 rebate on it too (no joke), must be submitted by October: https://www.savagerebate.com/EN/US/Promo/2/12/EntryForm

Basic Member
    Walmart does this every year in August. You can look them up on Brickseek to check if any stores near you have any on sale.