I say assembled because screwing together a bunch of parts can't be called building. I'm no gunsmith but I thought this was within my ability. It took me a while to gather all the parts and I'm not quite finished as I want to change a few things.

1. Savage 3-screw target action, right bolt, right port, PT&G Magnum faced bolt head, SSS extractor kit, NSS barrel nut and recoil lug.

2. X-Caliber barrel, 300 Remington Ultra Mag, 416R, large shank, 26", 1:7" twist, 5R rifling, #28 Savage Big Varmint contour, 5-straight flutes, threaded muzzle, X-Terminator muzzle brake, cryogenic treatment (it was free).

3. H-S Precision Pro-Series 2000 stock. 3-screw single shot, aluminum bed, black w/white web.

4. Steiner T5Xi 5-25X56, MRAD, illuminated reticle, scope.

5. Burris XTR Signature rings, 3-screw, aluminum, polymer inserts.

6. EGW -20- MOA aluminum Picatinny mount.

I sighted it in with factory Hornady 300 Remington Ultra Mag 220 grain ELD-X Precision Hunter 2910 FPS.
I used a Wheeler green laser to get it on paper at 50 yards after zeroing it in at home. It worked with no problem. I had a Caldwell Lead Sled FCX with 35 lb's of lead shot in the bag and it still bounced the whole thing back four or five inches. However, when I moved to the 100 yard targets, it shot three 5-shot groups that made one ragged hole. It was amazing. I let the barrel cool down between every few shots so things didn't cook.

As happy as I am I want to change a couple of things. I've decided I don't like the bladed Savage Target Accutriger. The trigger is super safe but I just don't like the blade style so I've ordered a Rifle Basix SAV-2. I have more than a couple of Timney's and they're all good but most people moving from Savage triggers seem to be going to the Rifle Basix. I'm also going to be changing to a Bench Source scope mount. Not much of a reason other than it's 7075 instead of 6061. I'm also likely to trade out the bolt handle for a Tactical Works.

I have a LabRadar unit so once I get it all reassembled I'll be out seeing how things go. I'll be working up handloads using Retumbo and Sierra 200gr Matchking HPBT (B/C .715).