Thread: Newer AXIS XP stock?

Newer AXIS XP stock?

So, a local store was having a sale on the AXIS XP package (scoped), so I jumped on one chambered in .243 for my son to use for hunting this fall. A quick google search while in the store lead me to believe that these rifles with the new stock design had an adjustable LOP, making it perfect you a cheap youth gun. When I got home, I found that I think I may have been wrong. While there is an insert between the recoil pad and the actual stock, the stock cannot be assemble without it and I can't seem to find any options for a smaller insert.

What are my options here? Am I missing something or do I need to drop another $100 on a youth stock?

Finally, on an unrelated issue, after just 5 shots the reticle came loose in the scope. Now I am debating if I want to go through the hassle of a warranty claim or if I just want to try to epoxy it back in place.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by medic1075 View Post
    So, a local store was having a sale on the AXIS XP package (scoped), so I jumped on one chambered in .243 for my son to use for hunting this fall. A quick google search while in the store lead me to believe that these rifles with the new stock design had an adjustable LOP, making it perfect you a cheap youth gun. When I got home, I found that I think I may have been wrong. While there is an insert between the recoil pad and the actual stock, the stock cannot be assemble without it and I can't seem to find any options for a smaller insert.

What are my options here? Am I missing something or do I need to drop another $100 on a youth stock?

Finally, on an unrelated issue, after just 5 shots the reticle came loose in the scope. Now I am debating if I want to go through the hassle of a warranty claim or if I just want to try to epoxy it back in place.
    As far as the reticle goes, since it is brand new I would have it RMA'd.. just my opinion, as far as youth hunting, my son is autistic so thats a pleasure I won't be able to brag about lol. God I still love the boy, he is as unique as they get times 10000

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I would also contact Savage and get a replacement scope.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    I would also contact Savage and get a replacement scope.
    Thats what I meant "RMA" , what was weird is I had something similar happen, it was a Bushnell scope and when I fires the rifle all these black specs fell down, I called savage, they gave me a number for bushnell (it was actually the company that owns bushnell, I cant remember their name) but anyways lol, they sent me a new scope, no questions asked and when i asked if they wanted the other scope back they said we will send a lable and you can box it up and send it back if you want but you don't have to:) there's my feel good story of the day.. i hope you have as good if not better service:)

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    Thats what I meant "RMA" , what was weird is I had something similar happen, it was a Bushnell scope and when I fires the rifle all these black specs fell down, I called savage, they gave me a number for bushnell (it was actually the company that owns bushnell, I cant remember their name) but anyways lol, they sent me a new scope, no questions asked and when i asked if they wanted the other scope back they said we will send a lable and you can box it up and send it back if you want but you don't have to:) there's my feel good story of the day.. i hope you have as good if not better service:)

Return Material Authorization, I'm pretty familiar with it.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by prdatr View Post
    Return Material Authorization, I'm pretty familiar with it.
    Lol.. i never knew what the acronym mean, i just knew what I meant to exchange hehehehehe