i finally got a savage 110 Ridgeback in 300 win mag. i love to tinker and love to upgrade and would like to build a long range rifle for elk hunting and long range target shooting. never done either but moved to wyoming and thought now would be av good time to try.
First question:
what can i upgrade that would help accuracy? . i'm looking to shoot long range (1k yards hopefully one day)
I can't seem to find good aftermarket barrels ( outother parts either that are sub $800. id like to replace and upgrade the parts as i get better but i'm not sure where to start.$8-900 for a barel seems high considering i'm a new long range shooter. ( the gun was $500)
ive decided on the mdt chassis , id love any feedback on people who've used the mdt chassis or who have other recommendations.

Also the bolt is loose when it's pulled all the way out. ive never shoot a longaction magnum before, so this may be normal. but when i cycle the bolt, when the bolt is pulled all the way out, it can sometimes get stuck, and not quickly get pushed back into the gun. the bolt gets cockeyed (at an angle when fully pulled back )and won't cycle quickly. is this normal? should i upgrade my bolt or is this just a long action problem? im new to these forums so let me know if i've broken any rules
thanks in advance