Hi everyone,

First time posting here.
I'm a few days away from picking up a new Savage 12FV in 308 Win, which will be my 3rd Savage rifle - 1st one is 10T-SR in 223 Rem and 2nd one is B22 FV in 22 LR.

I am planning on replacing the stock on 12FV once I receive it because 1) I prefer more vertical grip - I mostly shoot informal bench target shooting, chasing after group size with my handloads and 2) forearm flex of the non-accustock Savage stock.
(My 10T-SR has the Accustock and it works fine - bone-stock, it consistently shoots .3-.4" 5-shot group with my handloads. I just don't like the way stock feels when shooting on the bench)

Stocks I'm considering are 1) Boyds Pro-Varmint and 2) Choate Tactical because they both are in my price range (under $250) and look almost identical with vertical grip.
As for Boyds, they now install pillar bedding as $55 option, BUT ONLY the front action screw on Savage 10 short-action.

Thus, my question is this.
Will Boyds stock with only front pillar be as good (stable?) as having both front and rear pillars and good to go right out of box?
Or will I be better off by going with Choate with full-length aluminum bedding block?

I am trying to avoid doing any work on the stock (i.e. putting pillars and glass bedding) and don't want to cough up $$$ to have a gunsmith to do those.
I rather spend the time and money to do more shooting.

I like the look of Boyds (Forrest Camo) but I am concerned if having only the front pillar is going to be an issue.
But if having only front pillar is not a issue, that will be my 1st choice.
(The rifle is for bench shooting, so the weight is not an issue at all)

With pillar (front only) option, Boyds Pro Varmint come out as $222 and Choate Tactical is $219.95, pretty much the same price.
Thanks for helping me out.

Oh, ONE MORE question.
For both Boyds and Choate, will I need to get a new trigger guard that's flat (no raised tab in the front) or should I get a new guard?
Thanks again guys.