Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Savage 110 pre accu Sav-1

Basic Member

Savage 110 pre accu Sav-1

I did the install and everything seemed amazing. BUT, now when I fire the sear wont reset? The cocking indicator is up when the bolt is opened but once I start to lock the bolt back down the cocking indicator goes down with the bolt?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Elktrout3wt View Post
    I did the install and everything seemed amazing. BUT, now when I fire the sear wont reset? The cocking indicator is up when the bolt is opened but once I start to lock the bolt back down the cocking indicator goes down with the bolt?
    Do this test safely, i mean be prepared for a slam fire but depress only the safety blade and close one into the chamber and let us know of it fires.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    It’s a pre accutrigger. I installed the Sav-1 Rifle Basixs trigger on it.

Basic Member
    It’s a pre accutrigger. I installed the Sav-1 Rifle Basixs trigger on it.
    Oh sorry.. duhhh.. went right over my head

Basic Member
    No worries. I have been reading so many posts and the only thing that is even close to my issue is increasing the weight of the wire to help engage the sear?

Basic Member
    I think off hand i.would suspect a malfunction with disconnector.. im sure sharpshooter or robinhood will see your post and give you some good advise

Basic Member
    No worries. I have been reading so many posts and the only thing that is even close to my issue is increasing the weight of the wire to help engage the sear?
    Yeah you could have on the trigger where the sear engages misshapen, spring to loose, discon not resetting trigger ( thats where my money is) I admit I'm nowhere nearly as well rounded in savages as others in here, I specialize in big bore ARs but I own a few savages that I have learned from and learned to tune thank to our old timer smith here

Basic Member
    I also put the action in a new Bell and Carlson stock as well. The gun looks great and after it was all put together my function tests felt even better. Very crisp trigger compared to my old one. But I shot the gun once last night and the trigger would reset?

Basic Member
    I also put the action in a new Bell and Carlson stock as well. The gun looks great and after it was all put together my function tests felt even better. Very crisp trigger compared to my old one. But I shot the gun once last night and the trigger would reset?
    May sound obvious but (dry fire of.course) will everything reset like it should if your take it out of the stock?

Basic Member
    Just loosened up my stock (both action screws) and it re-sets now? Dry firing is fine? Something must not fit in there....?

Basic Member
    Just loosened up my stock (both action screws) and it re-sets now? Dry firing is fine? Something must not fit in there....?
    Exactly:) your onto it now..somewhere in the action portion of the stock it is binding up.which once you find it , it will like take no more than a little sanding to provide needed relief

Basic Member
    I could even be the rear action screw its self i reckon if some how it goes in to far. Usually the screws are different lengths. Maybe you swapped them?

Basic Member
    Removed some swollen portion of fiber glass behind the trigger in the most rear portion of the action area. I might have time tonight to shoot a few. Or one shot if this doesn’t remedy the issue.

Basic Member
    I did swap them! Ok, shame on me... so! I replaced my wooden stock with a Bell and Carlson blind box. Same style stock as my stock wooden one. I replaced my action screws, plastic trigger guard with a metal one and finally my stock pre-accu trigger with the silver Rifle Basix’s Sav-1.

Basic Member
    Removed some swollen portion of fiber glass behind the trigger in the most rear portion of the action area. I might have time tonight to shoot a few. Or one shot if this doesn’t remedy the issue.
    Good deal.. i hope that got it:) from what I know by word of mouth and installing a.couple basix for people, they seem to be a good sound trigger

Basic Member
    I compared my previous rear action screw with the old one and it’s shorter. Once the threads engage I can get four full rotations until it’s real tight. Then torquing is another half rotation or more....

Basic Member
    So I’m guessing this action screw is going in too far and binding things up?

Basic Member
    So I’m guessing this action screw is going in too far and binding things up?
    That is very possible, only one real way to know.. i would use the original one after taking length measurements and assuring you are getting plenty of threads engaged

Basic Member
    I will bring a washer with me while I shoot tonight. Four rotations has to be a touch more than needed.

Basic Member
    I will bring a washer with me while I shoot tonight. Four rotations has to be a touch more than needed.
    I would think so as well

Just a thought but could you lay the two triggers side by side and compare dimensions. Where they are different maybe a place to look for clearance issues.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

_.

Basic Member
    Sounds like he was saying once he removed action from the stock that it cycled/reset like it should, i reckon that could change under real world pressures and use

Basic Member
    Something is causing the binding. To me it sounds like the action screw needs to be shortened and I would look at maybe removing some material from the stock. Savage stocks have been notorious for having action screws bottom out on the action. I normally remove about a turn and a half from the action screws.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LHitchcox View Post
    Something is causing the binding. To me it sounds like the action screw needs to be shortened and I would look at maybe removing some material from the stock. Savage stocks have been notorious for having action screws bottom out on the action. I normally remove about a turn and a half from the action screws.
    I believe he has a boyd stock

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast