Hi,

First post here. I recently picked up what the seller thought was a Savage Model 1922. I had asked about any serial numbers and he did not see any. A Google search found a post here talking about where a serial number might be and after removing some grime I found I have serial number 11414 which I have read is below the 25000 mark making it a 1922. I collect Model 1922 guns because that is the year my Dad was born and he fostered my interest in firearms and shooting. My Dad does not shoot much anymore but I try to take the new ones by for him to look at and hold.

So back to the rifle....It does need some love as it is missing a part or two and has some "replacements" added. So any help in that direction would be super.
I see that the rear sight elevation screw is missing and all places I found for parts were out. Is there a substitution for another rifle? It has a replacement for the rear takedown screw and the trigger guard is bent but I do not know if that was done to make the replacement screw (bolt) work. My trigger guard has four round holds but the only parts list I have seen has only three screws listed. The "original" part also has four round holes. I cannot find a replacement for the rear screw. I have noticed that the safety does not keep the sear from moving causing it to fire so not sure what parts to get that fixed (trigger?).

Is there an exploded parts list and drawing of this rifle that some one can pdf and send? Is there any really good photo shoots of a complete rifle? I cannot figure out how to post the photos I took as it only has post from URL. Maybe post count thing?

OK I see the owners what me to use a free third party hosting sight for the photos. I understand but when that free sight goes under so do the photos. I have been there and done that. I have post the photos and this post at 24hourcampfire.com

Thanks,
Kevin