Thread: Accutrigger Problems!!!

Accutrigger Problems!!!

Went to a match and couldn't get my Savage 10 FCP to fire consistently. Sometimes when i pull the trigger its not firing its going to safe. Run the bolt again and sometimes still no fire and some times it fire.
    The blade is not locking up as some ive seen on Youtube. I cant replicate dry firing at home, whats up??

TIA, Kevin

Banned
    Need some clarity. What do mean it’s going to safe at time? Does the sear trip every time you are firing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kev1Doggy View Post
    Went to a match and couldn't get my Savage 10 FCP to fire consistently. Sometimes when i pull the trigger its not firing its going to safe. Run the bolt again and sometimes still no fire and some times it fire.
    The blade is not locking up as some ive seen on Youtube. I cant replicate dry firing at home, whats up??

TIA, Kevin
    Try turning the pull weight of the accutrigger back up a little bit maybe... If the trigger is turned down all the way, sometimes it locks up the trigger and won't fire.

Just my .02

The firing pin is dropping not hitting the primer, has a different sound to it!

Basic Member
    I am guessing that you either have to clean the trigger or adjust the spring a bit.... maybe both.

Basic Member
    Check your trigger mechanics. If you pull the trigger kinda sideways you can drop the sear without the safety blade being clear first. Make sure you are pulling straight back...

Quote Originally Posted by Kev1Doggy View Post
    The firing pin is dropping not hitting the primer, has a different sound to it!
    Is it the original stock that is on the rifle or have you put an aftermarket stock on?

Just put in a ESS MDT chassis. Was in a Choate tactical. would do it occasionally in it.

i have it out of the stock, not rubbing on anything. I cant replicate what it was doing at the range, seems like there is a lot of sideplay between the trigger and the safety blade.

try turning the accutrigger pull weight up and see if it changes anything.

Had same issue with my stock 12 F/V. Had adjusted the trigger down to 16 oz for bench shooting. If I did not have a good finger placement on the trigger it would move sideways and let the fire pin release but catch on the safety lever, locking it up. If I reset the bolt and try again it would fire (sometimes) needed to increase to 20 oz and problems went away but if I moved the trigger sideways on purpose it would sometimes release the fireing pin but again catch on the safety lever.

There is a kit that adds washers between the trigger and trigger housing to prevent or tighten up the sloppy trigger. This does help.

I have tightened up the spring a little and put a .030 washer under the e-clip that tightened the trigger housing a lot. Dry firing is good, i am waiting on an adjustable grip to put on it and fire it on my 100 yd range!

Basic Member
    Have you blanked a primer recently? If so, you may have a piece of primer obstructing the firing pin hole in the bolt head. Pull the bolt apart can clean it thoroughly.
    When the safety blade trips, it becomes locked in the forward position until you cycle the bolt. Putting a slight side pressure on the blade will cause it to trip when the spring pressure is very light. Since you increased it with no change, and you're certain the firing pin is falling, I suspect it's being blocked by primer debris.

A close look at the primer indentations on your spent cases will show a difference if in fact the firing pin is being obstructed.

To take out the play in the blade, these guys sell a shim kit.https://www.mcarbo.com/savage-axis-t...-shim-kit.aspx

PM sent.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

Basic Member
    One question I forgot to ask, are you shooting factory or hand loads? Handloads that have the shoulder bumped back too far will exhibit FTF issues.
    Banning a gun will not solve what is a mental health crisis inflamed by incendiary rhetoric on social and television media. The first amendment in this case is less precious and more likely the causal factor than the second amendment.

I am shooting hand loads they are all firing fine, I am only neck sizing them. all the fired rounds look fine. The blade was blocking the sear. I have a MDT adjustable pistol grip so I can set the length of pull on my trigger and I will shoot on my range and see whathappens.

Banned
    If it’s tripping, but firing pin is not released fully, the trigger is being depressed BEFORE the safety blade. From your account, (and the odd sound), this what is happening. I bet the sound is a bit muffled? Kinda short sounding, right? Yes, you are tripping the trigger. As many have before you. Unfortunately, the true fix is correcting your finger placement. Although, the shim may help if there was excessive play. I always extensively modify my own, and others Accutriggers including shims anyway. So excessive side play is never an issue for me.

I just shot 20 rds and had 1 that I tripped the safety and had a solid blade, the rest were all like they should, the 1 was my fault! I think its better now.