Thread: Scratchy B22 Bolt.

Basic Member

Scratchy B22 Bolt.

Just curious if anyone else has a rough scratchy feeling B22 bolt when you lift it after firing. I've had the bolt apart to tw25 it but the machining marks are more than I really want to try polishing out. I have a hunch they are all like this after looking at it.

Basic Member

Exclamation

I've had my B22 bolt apart, to round the guide for the cocking pin per the Ytube videos by Miles Sun ( Miles Sun - Savage B22 Bolt Action Problem Part1 show problem - YouTube ) ( 'Cay' posted a similar vid 4 months later, after Miles did his) I didn't see any major machining marks on mine that would cause your prob. Maybe you got a problem child? I did find that the slot on the recvr (where the bolt locks down) had a 'sharp edge' like the cocking pin channel, so I rounded that a tiny bit - maybe that's what you're feeling? If that's not the prob, I'd look inside the receiver, there may be a burr inside there? I use 1000g paper to 'polish' anything that bothers me, like that cocking pin. Definitely NOT a File ! As well, J.Baker has a Y-tube vid on dis-assembly that may give you some more ideas. The vids that 'Cay' posted about magazine probs, I believe are relevant to 'early model' B22s as I haven't seen recent complaints about that issue. JMO -YMMV
    Good luck with your issue,
    Ed

Basic Member
    Mine is pretty smooth, but I worked the action in with some polishing compound before I even took it to the range.