Thread: FV SR Boyd's AT One Stock - Longer action screw too long?

Basic Member

FV SR Boyd's AT One Stock - Longer action screw too long?

I bought an FV SR a while back and finally have had a chance to start fiddling with it. Like most, I decided to replace the factory stock so I dont have to use 09809823048 micro fiber towels rolled up under a stock pack to get a decent cheek weld and site picture.

I spoke with a rep at boyds and she told me to order 2 of these longer action screws from midway, Product #: 629908 : https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1005120885

She also said I needed a trigger guard and bottom metal so I ordered that with the stock. I removed the action from the old stock, and put it in the new stock, i screwd the wood-type screws into the trigger guard and bottom metal to hold them in place, and the new longer rear action screw that goes into the trigger guard seems the right size, but they seem to long for the front, and it bottoms out. I thought maybe I use the stock screw, but it seems too short and bends the crap out of the bottom metal boyd's sent me.

Am I only supposed to use the longer action screw in the rear/trigger, or both? Do I use a factory screw in the front/mag, or is there a different screw I need? Any input is appreciated.

Here are a few pics showing the parts I ordered, and the extra length on the front action screw: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dXqns9Jtr7YHzsLs9

When I put my FV-SR in a Boyd's At-One, I used the factory screws without issue. I too got the trigger guard and bottom metal.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
    Jester

FV SR Boyd's AT One Stock - Longer action screw too long?

I know it’s common that your bolts may be too long from platform to platform.
    I have cut them down or put a washer on them. My last stock change with a eBay metal trigger guard the rear action screw was pinning my bolt.
    I cut it down 3 rings and she’s perfect now. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk