Background

Bought a left handed 116 in 300 win mag, barreled it with a black hole 264 win mag.
Don't like the rubber stock or classic style it was a center feed sold it.

Bought a Herters new old stock on Ebay liked the Monte Carlo and checkering and liked the idea of the side button to release the mag. Didn't realize the problems with all the specialty parts that are needed just to get the stock back to a usable state.

Inletted the action and it seemed fine. Floated the barrel not too much trouble.

Installed the bottom metal and the trigger guard wouldn't fit over the accutrigger. Opened up the trigger guard and got that to fit.

Put 2 rounds of 264 into the magazine but the magazine won't fit into the bottom metal seems that the action is deeper into the stock than the action that the stock that I purchased was designed for.

I have just about exhausted my interest in this project and have the notion to just sell the older stock to someone that needs an older wooden stock with all the parts (that were quite a bit of trouble to find) and order a Boyds.

My only option from what I see is to modify the magazine by removing metal to allow the magazine to move further into the bottom metal.

Any ideas from someone with a whole lot more experience and knowledge