Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RCBS powder measure

Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    I've decided to machine a new set of bearings for my ohaus 5-0-5... the little free floating v blocks.. what a cannot decide is if I should use stainless, aluminum or some other metal or if I should use nylatron.. im kind of thinking nylatron because it is ultra slick and may offer the least friction.. anyone have any opinions or even better suggestions?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Ted.....Delrin impregnated with teflon. I was using the stuff for wear plates,
    specifically for MC and ATV drive chain guides.

As for can of worms !! Concentricity is part of the puzzle. When Lee came out
    with their dead length seater, I gave it a try. I bought it new for $18 bucks.
    I bought another for my 7mm wild cat, I liked it that much......Also. don't forget
    about uniforming your primer pockets and flash holes. And never forget the most
    important of all....."YOU" I just hate it when I head out with the most confident
    ammo I can prepare, then have one of those "I sucked moments" !!
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post

I bought another for my 7mm wild cat, I liked it that much......Also. don't forget
    important of all....."YOU" I just hate it when I head out with the most confident
    I definitely agree , good ammo is imperative as far as I'm concerned.. i prefer to aim for consistent loads and concentric loads.
    I just expected I whole lot of opinions to ring in lol

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie b View Post
    I just know my old Ohaus triple beam lab scale had agate bearing blocks.

You can use anything that is near frictionless. That's why conventional bearings don't work for measuring small differences, too much friction. That potentiometer idea is good but even the smoothest will have a lot of friction for measuring small amounts, like fractions of grains. When making a scale the total load is usually at odds with the best bearing point. That's why the electronic scales have taken over the industry.
    Yeah, it always seems to come back to the fulcrum and finding some way to approach near 0 friction. Ive been thinking about those different novelty items you see that use magnetics to suspend the object but i can see it would have its own inherent issues to overcome

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuj' View Post

Dosent matter Fui, so long as you send another one right now before the i sucked thing takes over. lol
    That Delran stuff does help for doing that though, especially for things like return to battery parts on the rest.
    We cant always improve upon how well we shoot, but we can find ways to improve upon the way we shoot.

Basic Member
    Just a little demo, these are really good digitals, i have had unbelievable repeatability with them

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted_Feasel View Post
    Just a little demo, these are really good digitals, i have had unbelievable repeatability with them

Sorry that was supposed to be a video

Basic Member
    I cant seem to send video

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123