Quote Originally Posted by mnbogboy2 View Post
Good points Dave. Didn't mean to defend one over another. Hornady marketing has put an edge certainly to the Creedmoor with all mfgs. making a variety of ammo .
for the CM.
If the std 260 had a longer throat that would be my choice any day but a short action magazine may not cut the mustard anymore. Most of my builds use a long action so it wouldn't make a difference to me.

. .The OP may very well be better off with the 260 because of possible extraction problems with the CM. The increased diameter at the shoulder is just enough in some actions to "wedge" the case between the lug abutment and the bolt rail during extraction. Sometimes a small amount of clearance must be ground/machined in this area to prevent case drops.
Also the shorter CM case (~.100) forms a steeper angle during extraction and this can contribute to more case drops due to other tolerances within the bolt & bolt head.
Nothing that can't be remedied, but there will be less chance for problems with a 308 to 260 conversion.

This has been a good thought provoking thread. I hope the OP has good luck with his project and catches the same "addiction" that most of this brotherhood has!��

No need whatsoever to apologize my friend. I didn’t think you were. And even if you were, so what...ya know? Everyone is free to choose as they please...for whatever reason they choose. I like all the 6.5s. Don’t think you can go wrong with any one. When I decided on this, I wanted the most powerful 6.5 that will still easily be Mag fed. Otherwise, I would have gone 6.5-284.

Edited: because I’m not playing the same old game with certain people. Ignore list updated.