I believe I am making progress on the Savage 243. I think the rifle is better than I thought, although, compared to what most of you do it is not anything to brag about but I am fairly happy. It is about .8-.9 MOA now but probably a better shooter could improve that. I decided to give the action screws a little more torque and much to my surprise I found out the back one was not anywhere close to tight enough. It wasn't loose and I can only guess but I would say it was probably 5-10 inch pounds. I got them both a little higher than Savage recommends, as near as I can guess on the gauge 38 on the front and 33 on the back. Another thing was I changed scopes. It had a Vortex Viper on it and I don't know if there is something wrong with me or the scope but the on the horizontal crosshair many times I would see 2 lines and didn't know which one was the one I should be using. I put a Redfield Revolution 4.5-12 X on it and it works very well. I can't say I am much impressed with the Vortex. The Redfield is just as clear and doesn't have the 2 lines horizontally, nor does my Bushnell Nitro on another gun. I think the Redfield Revolution is a darn nice scope for the price especially. Another thing I found is it will shoot heavier bullets reasonably well, just not the first ones I tried. The lighter bullets are better for accuracy but I believe the 105 grain I shot last would be good enough for most hunting. All in all I feel a lot better about the gun.