Thread: Savage 110 1997 vintage LA

Savage 110 1997 vintage LA

I have a LA 110 RH currently chambered in 30/06. I had removed it from the awful black plastic stock years ago with the idea that I would rebarrel and restock it at a later time. I had the barreled action in my safe in the house when a fire burned the shop down. I have lost the trigger guard and magazine follower and spring. I can't for sure remember if the stock had a floor plate or it was a blind magazine. The magazine box is attached to the action. I'm trying to find out the best way to get the rifle back into service. It had trigger work done and that is good. I think I can get it to shoot pretty well if I can gather the parts. I would love to add a detachable magazine as well.

My question is this a blind magazine and is it staggered or center feed? Also how do I find out exactly what the model number is? I don't remember seeing it on the barrel. What bottom metal would be necessary to make the action function with a DBM? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Basic Member
    If you aren’t set on a traditional stock and might consider a chassis, the MDT chassis are drop and take detachable magazines.

Another option is the Magpul Hunter stocks, also a drop in and take similar magazines.

Really like the MTD chassis...

You have a stagger feed action for a blind magazine. I'll shoot for a model 111F. You will need to find a bottom metal that works for both CF and SF. the screw spacing is the same but the location is slightly different.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

If I were to use a chassis would I be able to use a center feed magazine? It would seem to me so...

Basic Member
    The MDT chassis use an AICS style magazine so you have aftermarket support. No additional bottom metal to buy.