I've always heard Savage Rifles were accurate well beyond their price range. I always said if they made one that wasn't butt ugly I would give them a try. Well they did- the High Country and I bought one. My enthusiasm ended there. I'm new to Savage Center Fires and not sure "How" they build them but a lifetime of Rifle use in my life (approaching 60 faster than I care to admit) tells me this one was built all wrong. Over 20 clicks of horizontal adjustment(from a true centered scope) just to get the cross hairs over the barrel for a bore sight. UNACCEPTABLE. I tried different rings, bases, scopes and laser and manual bore sighting techniques all to the same result. Depending what type of scope you mount you would have to use 1/2 or more of your horizontal adjustments just to get a bore sight. The scope mounting holes appear to be straight so it has to be something with the barrel and receiver not lined up correctly. If this is one of the "high end" Rifles whats a cheaper model built like? My friend owns a sporting good store says he's had 5 or 6 Savages like this the past year! What is going on? I did not even shoot it, not worth the frustration. A higher priced rifle like this i expect a little better craftsmanship and attention to detail. Once I verified it was truly the rifle and not me or my equipment it went back in the box and back to Savage.

With all this being said I have owned many brands of Rifles and they ALL have their problems regardless of brand and price. Mass produced rifles are a roll of the dice and I'm aware of that. At this point what makes a Rifle Company Stand Out is their Customer Service and ability to properly fix the Rifle in a somewhat timely manner. With Covid-19 still going on I don't expect fast service but I do expect a near perfect rifle when it is returned. The Rifle has been with Savage almost a month, they said the Rifle was tore down and minor adjustments made. Not sure what "minor adjustments are?" and it was in line to be test fired. I really hope this turns out it has the DNA to be a great shooting rifle but so far I'm left disappointed and waiting............