I just attempted to install a Timney #633 trigger for Edge/Axis rifles. I'm assuming Timney didn't bother to test this trigger in anything but an OEM stock. I don't find that acceptable considering the solution is so incredibly easy. As you can see in these instructions, the sear set screw and the pull weight adjustment screw - once properly set - extend past the base of the trigger itself. Both of these areas must be almost completely flat to install into a Boyd's stock (and I'd imagine any other aftermarket laminate stock, if not all chassis). Why? The sear screw - again, when properly adjusted - makes contact with the base of the trigger guard, making the trigger fire itself when you cock the bolt when the action is installed. You cannot create enough of a relief in the trigger guard for this - it's a hard stop. The pull weight adjustment screw is less of an issue because technically I could just dremel some material out of the stock, but then I risk weakening the screw hole for the trigger guard "wood screw" (which already doesn't have much material). I'm not doing that.

Timney could simply do what Rifle Basix appears to do and provide shorter screws so this is never, ever an issue. The sear adjustment screw bolt is uncessary. Dried red loctite will prevent that screw from moving just fine (or use glue, like Savage does themselves). I've sent an email to Timney to see if they'll provide me shorter screws to solve this... we'll see. Otherwise, I will have to go find these somewhere in a shorter variety. Hopefully Ace Hardware has them otherwise I have no idea where to go. Just grinds me... this would never be a problem with shorter screws.