Thread: Been away for awhile!!!

Basic Member

Been away for awhile!!!

A lot going on around the household the past few years, the latest Maw's breast cancer treatments, five days a week for four weeks with ten to go. In addition to her cancer she is also disabled meaning I take have to take care of the outside-inside of the house and make 95% of all the meals. I'm pretty much as busy as a one armed paper hanger!

I've also ventured into a new hobby/PT business, auto detailing which could easily turn into a full time business if I wanted....I DON'T!

I haven't been hunting or at the range. I can't let Maw alone for any length of time and the virus isn't helping either. The only thing open at our club are the ranges limited to six on site at a time and not wearing a mask isn't an option. Club meetings are being held online until further notice.

On the plus side(long story) my heart doctor said at soon to be 72 I have the ticker of a 35 year old and doesn't want to see my ugly mug until next year. I guess the 24 years I pounded the iron is paying off.

So anyway I wanted to stop in to say "Hi" to everyone. I hope ya all are holding up well!

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.

Bless you Bill! Welcome back.

Hey Bill! Glad to see you back online and doing well! Sending some prayers up to help Maw. Wishing you guys the best and hope to see you around here more.
    I too let guns and stuff take a back seat the past couple years. Not for health reasons, but cause my son was traveling up and down the coast playing travel baseball and it took all my time and money... wouldn’t change it for the world though. He is graduating this week and will be headed to East Stroudsburg University in the fall on a baseball scholarship....Nice to see your kids dreams come true! But now with the extra time I have started returning back into building guns and shooting.
    ”I have a very strict gun control policy: if there’s a gun around, I want to be in control of it.”
    ~Clint Eastwood

Praying for the wife and your sanity bill. Glad to see you post and I am hoping to see more.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Hey Bill good hearing from you.

Good to hear from you Bill. I've been serving as care-taker with my mom for about a year now and know where you're coming from. First it was a heart valve replacement and double bypass last June, and then in April we found out she had colon cancer and had to have half of her colon removed amid all this Corvid nonsense. Good news is they didn't find any indication that it had spread to her nearby lymph nodes yet, but they still want her to do chemo just to be safe. She got her port put in Friday so just waiting to find out when the treatments will start.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

Praying for a good outcome on your end also Jim!
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Welcome back Bill, nice to see you again. I always respected your point of view and looked forward to your posts

Jim, best wishes to you as well

And prayers for both of you

Welcome Back to the BROTHERHOOD.

Basic Member
    Thanks guys. Maw only has four more radiation treatments and a followup meeting with her Doc. If he says she's good he'll see her in a year but just to be safe he want's her to have a mammogram every six months.

BTW, a sample of my new adventure, my old '05 four door car with a pick'm up bed.

Bill
    Each morning eat a live green toad, it will be the worst thing you'll have face all day.