Thread: Savage B22 FVSR

Basic Member

Savage B22 FVSR

Does anyone here have a Savage B22 FVSR with the 16.25 threaded barrel. If you do, what do you think of it?

I have one but mine is the 22wmr variety, B22 FVSR magnum and it's a superb shooter. I love the short barrel and the new ergonomic stock, it fits me very well. My only gripe about the rifle is the mag, at first it's a bit hard to load but once you get the hang of it and it gets broken in all is well. I have a 4-12x40 Vortex scope on mine and I shoot out to 160 yards, the rifle gets the job done with ease.

Basic Member
    Thanks Underdog

Iowa Fox
    what ammo works best in your 22mag?

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac 175 View Post
    Iowa Fox
    what ammo works best in your 22mag?
    Mac, its Underdog that has the 22 mag. I'm thinking about buying one in 22LR unless the coments here come up unfavorable. Would like to here from more guys that are shooting the B22

I'm interested as well. Need a host for my Sparrow

Armscor 40gr ammo is what I have been using, it's what I broke the rifle in with and it gives me good results.

B22G

I have the B22G and really like it. I agree the mags take some break in and their is a learning curve on loading them. When I first got the gun over a year ago I had a lot of problems with FTE. I kept the gun clean and just kept shooting it thinking it needed to break in. Now no more problems with FTE. The mags have performed without a problem for me. No problems with FTF and they snap right in place. My gun has the hardwood stock and I love the ergonomics and looks of it. At this time I'm thinking of adding a 17HMR to the stable and can get a good deal on a Savage 93 series gun but I have read some negative reports on the magazines for these guns and am reluctant to purchase one. The way this B22G has performed I think I should stay with the B22 series.

B 22 lr

My b 22 is a good shooter. It prefers cci 38 gr

I am considering a b 22 in wmr. Any thoughts out there?

Basic Member
    I need to post a follow up to my op as I hate it when the op disappears and the rest of us never know what actually happened. Since there were no negative posts directed at the Savage B22 FVSR I went ahead and ordered one from Buds for $280.00 plus tax. My FFL wanted $12.50 but I gave him a 20 since he has been doing a good job for me for years. One example out of thousands produced is just that only one and at 72 years old don't mind telling it like it is. So far I'm impressed for the money, nothing negative at all to say about the rifle. I like the feel of the stock, metal fit and finish is good on this one. I'm used to 2 oz triggers on the cenetrfire stuff and 6 oz on my PTA. I haven't hooked a gage to this one but I'm not even going to adjust the trigger, it's nice enough from the factory. Now to put a better scope on it. Thinking about a US Optics 3-12TS12X with mhc reticle. Anyone here have one they are using and care to give us feedback on it?