Thread: New build questions

Basic Member

New build questions

Came into a 110E series in 30-06 free...will be building a 6.5CM gun out of her...you will see the stock and barrel on the classifieds page soon. CHEAP...

DOES the new Savage LA Accustock still have the 5.062"(?) screw spacing and will I be able to fit this stock into it? Will an older flat top LA fit with minor fitting? Or should I look at another choice?

Will be sending the stock to CDI for DBM as well and a New Shilen, McGowen or other premium barrel and some good glass. Would like to find a surplus Numrich Savage BLACK LAMINATED LA stock to put it in but out of stock. I have a 308 built into one and would like a pair of twins. Anyone got one?

Thanks for looking...

CaptBeach

The 110E was a stagger fed action inlet. If I remember correctly even though the bolt spacing is correct the magazine alignment is different for the center fed stocks like the Accustock.

Is CDI still in business?

Hopefully someone will confirm or deny my information.
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhood View Post
    The 110E was a stagger fed action inlet. If I remember correctly even though the bolt spacing is correct the magazine alignment is different for the center fed stocks like the Accustock.

Is CDI still in business?

Hopefully someone will confirm or deny my information.
    I'm pretty sure thats correct about magazine alignment on center feeds. I seem to remember having to make some decisions based on that factor on one I built

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Basic Member
    I did not know about the owner of CDI passing. I pray for his family. The gun world lost a great guy. He did a couple of rifles for me over the years flawless work, great CS.

I have been thinking I might try to trade the LA for a SA. More possibilities with stocks. Also Magpul has a SA Savage 4.4" spacing stock coming out or may even be out. https://magpul.com/savage-hunter-110...rt-action.html

DBM is included and takes AICS pattern mags. And as you can see also available for lefties too.

Basic Member
    Also DBM is $69.95 and includes a 5 round PMAG...how long before someone is inletting non Magpul rifle stocks for this DBM?