Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Planning a New Build - Feedback and Advice Welcome

Basic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yeah I still can’t believe you guys let that go through?? I understand it in Europe, Australia, New Zealand... but I was surprised the people let it go in Canada?? I thought the ties Canada has with the United States, let alone the closeness, would have the people fighting it harder.

It simply can not happen in the States. Well, it could... but that will be the end. I’m not even a crazy gun nut... I’m an enthusiast. But I’ve met a couple true “Gun Nuts”....and holy moly...even I was nervous around them! Bet even still, no one will ever take my ARs. The very second they do, they will make me a criminal. I’ve never been in trouble a day in my life with the law, but THAT would do it. Because I woul NOT follow those laws! And if men WITH GUNS(ironically), came to my home to take my property, they would need to use FORCE. Which they would... they would use their GUNS, to TAKE my guns! How does that make any sense to progressives?? I know I wouldn’t win that. I would die. But I would still fight, even with that being the outcome. I’m proud of my 2nd Amendment & will fight to keep it.
    Dave when/lf the day ever comes they come for them, they wont be sending a swat team.
    All the tough talk from the tough guys is simply bar room talk.
    A little drone will be sent to take everything, including the house.
    It will only take a few of those incidents till everybody gets in line.
    There is only one answer, keep the liberals out of government.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Hoback View Post
    Yeah I still can’t believe you guys let that go through?? I understand it in Europe, Australia, New Zealand... but I was surprised the people let it go in Canada?? I thought the ties Canada has with the United States, let alone the closeness, would have the people fighting it harder.

It simply can not happen in the States. Well, it could... but that will be the end. I’m not even a crazy gun nut... I’m an enthusiast. But I’ve met a couple true “Gun Nuts”....and holy moly...even I was nervous around them! Bet even still, no one will ever take my ARs. The very second they do, they will make me a criminal. I’ve never been in trouble a day in my life with the law, but THAT would do it. Because I woul NOT follow those laws! And if men WITH GUNS(ironically), came to my home to take my property, they would need to use FORCE. Which they would... they would use their GUNS, to TAKE my guns! How does that make any sense to progressives?? I know I wouldn’t win that. I would die. But I would still fight, even with that being the outcome. I’m proud of my 2nd Amendment & will fight to keep it.
    Well.. I can't really argue with that. But gun owners aren't exactly rolling over without a fuss either. Our many party political system allowed a party with 30% of the vote to gain leadership of the country, but they shouldn't actually be able to pass legislation without cooperation from enough other parties to get a majority vote. Trouble is they used parliament being shut down due to COVID-19 as an excuse to use an order in council to ban these guns without any sort of debate or vote. These guys that represent 30% of voters are acting like dictators. I'm aware of one "Charter Challenge" that is challenging the constitutional validity of the ban, and three well funded judicial reviews picking apart the way in which it was done. So far 0 firearms that I know of have been turned over. But... In my circle at least, the fear of legal problems is keeping the guns in the safe for now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12