I'm in Canada and our lovely government recently banned the semi auto I used to consider my well rounded multipurpose gun so I'm building a "new" rifle to sort-of replace it. I'm planning something accurate, reliable, light enough to carry around, with good ergonomics, and capable of long strings of fire. I'm thinking ranges of 50-800 yards. Not a long range rig, but it will see some mid range target shooting. It could also see some close range hunting shots in dense woods.

I'm going to use the action and trigger from a Savage 110 Tactical (short action 308W), because I already have one broken in that I like and I know it's reliable. I'm going to use an optic I already have as well, an Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15 which is relatively lightweight for the style of optic, although not the lightest. I want to keep it under 10lbs (including scope) but my current build list is going to put it a little over.. I could use some tips on cutting a little bit of weight. Also please chime in if you have an actual measured weight for something I've more or less guessed at.

Specs:
Short action receiver, bolt, and trigger from 110 Tactical - 32oz (based loosely on numbers I've found floating around this site)
EGW 20moa rail - 2.5oz (according to EGW website)
Athlon Ares BTR 2.5-15x50 - 27oz (as per Athlon website)
Burris Signature XTR Rings - 7oz (weighed myself)
18" CarbonSix barrel, 308Win - 39 oz (using CarbonSix barrel weight estimating tool)
Muzzle Brake - 2oz (weighed myself)
MDT LSS XL Gen 2 Chassis - 29oz (MDT lists as 1.6-2lbs depending on inlet, took the middle number)
MDT Skeleton Lite Buttstock - 26oz (quoted from MDT's Q&A on their website)
Grip (either Ergo or MDT) - 5oz?
MDT polymer magazine - 4oz (weighed myself)

That puts the total at 173.5oz... 13.5oz over the 10lb goal weight.

I thought about using a KRG Bravo instead of the MDT which would save roughly 12oz, but no left hand savage inlet available.
I could use the MDT LSS (not XL) which is listed as 1.4-1.6lbs and would save roughly 5oz, but I don't like the really short forend. I'd like to get a bipod a little closer to the muzzle and give myself more to grab on to when shooting offhand.
Leaving it in the Accustock could be an option, but I've modified it a bit and made a custom molded grip, added some QD sling cups, etc, and it weighs 3lbs 5.8oz with the bottom metal. I like that the chassis systems offer more adaptability for basically the same weight. With a chassis I could quickly attach an arca rail and some Mlok weights for a PRS match, add a "NV Hood" to give me full barrel coverage so I can use a J grip for 3gun without burning my thumb (without all these newly banned semi's I don't know what 3gun is going to look like), etc. I don't compete in anything enough to justify specialized rifles for every discipline, so having something adaptable is kind of nice.

Other places to save weight? I read somewhere on this forum that the big BA bolt handle weighs 5.9oz and I could replace it with something titanium/aluminum/carbon fiber to save a few oz? It's not worth the weight savings to put a smaller hunting style bolt handle on it to me. Any rings that are lighter but still solid? Perhaps I should invest in a lighter optic - anything significantly lighter that still offers FFP, good tracking, zero stop, etc?