Thread: 223 110 Scout review?

223 110 Scout review UPDATED

There are a fair amount of comments on the 308 scout but not much on the .223 model. Does the .223 seem to shoot high as well? I plan to shoot open sights at up to 100 yards max and just have it as a rec/plinking rifle. Wont be getting it for a couple weeks, anything I should be aware of? From the total lack of info out there I may be the one with all the knowledge soon.

So I got the rifle today from Cabelas everything seems good except instead of a polymer Magpul mag I got an ACCURATE-MAG with it instead. Which I expect they will fix. It also went on sale just after purchase too. A note to Savage, the rifle came with several extra sets of screws but nothing longer if I plan to use an included extension. Other than that it looks like a very solid rifle.. will fill you all out with a range report soon.

https://i.imgur.com/ihiP4XP.jpg
    Last edited by IanC; 05-30-2020 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Update

I personally don't have that model but I'm sure savage puts the same sights on both calibers 308 and 223, so if there is a problem with one than I'm sure both. I'm a big fan of 223 in bolt action rifles as I have many and I also love a rifle with factory open sights, every rifle should come equipted with them. I'm not trying to change your mind on your savage purchase but take a look at a CZ 527 carbine, beautiful wood available in 223 or 7.62 and comes with factory iron sights. I'm sure either rifle would suit your needs well.

Under dog thanks for the response. I will just see how it shoots, most likely take out the apreture and shoot the gost ring at 50 yrds. I have contacted williams to see about something lower or just figure out where it shoots and compensate. Failing that I have a low mag scope to mount. When it comes down to it I am not that good with any iron sights past 50 yards...lol
    Don’t sell your guns!

I use to be very good with iron sight but as I'm getting older everything needs a scope now, but I still appreciate a fine rifle with them and I like using them. When you get the rifle and shoot it, if not correct make savage make it right. Either way enjoy your rifle, I've always admired the savage scout rifle and if I was to get one 223 would be my choice.

223 scout review

Quote Originally Posted by IanC View Post
    So I got the rifle today from Cabelas everything seems good except instead of a polymer Magpul mag I got an ACCURATE-MAG with it instead. Which I expect they will fix. It also went on sale just after purchase too. A note to Savage, the rifle came with several extra sets of screws but nothing longer if I plan to use an included extension. Other than that it looks like a very solid rifle.. will fill you all out with a range report soon.
    IanC, can you please post how your 223 scout tested at the range? I'm waiting for scout to become available again. In the meantime I want to learn as much as I can about it. I'm a little concerned about mismatched iron sights reports.
    Thank you