Thread: "Virus" related rant!!

Team Savage

"Virus" related rant!!

The wife wanted to do some grocery shopping so I figured it would be a good time, being it was pretty early and not too many folks in the store..(around 8:00AM) Wife wanted to go to a different store that we don't usually go to. Not our regular store so we don't really know our way around. Takes a little longer to find what we want. This store has "ONE WAY" signs on the floor that I wasn't aware of. I don't make it a habit to be looking DOWN while I'am shopping. Either I'am looking at what's on the shelves in front of me or up to see what's down that isle before I turn in.
    Turned down one long isle and stopped maybe 15 feet from where I turned. A gal maybe 50 feet down at the other end SCREAMED at me. IT'S A ONE WAY SO TURN AROUND AND GO BACK!!!
    I just happened to be standing in front of what I had been looking for so I paused for maybe 10 seconds before I picked up, put it in my cart and she SCREAMED at me AGAIN! This time I pulled my face mask down and yelled at her "I HEARD YOU" and I bet everybody else in the store heard me too! So she screamed at me again, "PUT YOUR MASK BACK ON AND TURN AROUND"!!
    Good thing she wasn't a man and I wasn't closer to her or I would have DECKED HER!!
    Found the wife a couple of rows over and she mentioned something about hearing me yell?
    I was HOT so I said "lets get out of here".

The wife mentioned something about her probably being paranoid about catching the Virus?
    In that case, why didn't she just stay home? (DUH!!)
    Took me maybe 30 seconds before I decided I better get out of that store before I got myself in trouble for beating that lady viciously about the head and shoulders.
    You talk about having your morning screwed up in nothing flat??
    Happened to stop at our regular grocery store and mentioned what went down at the other store to the bread man. Just then another bread man came by and said "I just saw you folks at the other store" a few minutes ago.
    I mentioned what happened and he said I should have pulled my mask down and started coughing on her.
    The wife and I figured that lady probably would have been a real winner to live with, virus or no virus.
    I've been dealing with the public for 50+ years and NEVER ran into anyone that acted like that. This lady REALLY needed professional help!!

Oz never gave nothing to the Tin Man, that he didn't already have.

this lady REALLY needed professional help!!

I hear ya!...This thing has been out of hand and in various states of mass hysteria for weeks. People would just rather be nuts and confuse longevity with immortality. No end in sight.

Example: We live 8 miles from pavement on a ranch in New Mexico....53 miles from a town...So the "governor" has a "stay at home" order for the entire state....County South of me has 2 Covid-19 cases, closed, and mine less than 150, closed. Get messages that if you are seen outdoors, except for essential things, you will be reported to the State Police. Seriously?!

So Yesterday i see a guy driving down the ranch road with a face mask on. Seriously?!

My favorite quote remains from an elderly lady in a Walmart in South Carolina..."people done lost they damn minds."!

"Virus" related rant!!

I love people wearing mask and gloves driving down the road. Wearing gloves and touching everything including their phone, wallet, etc.
    like the damn gloves keep you from getting the virus. Lol

I had a little purple liberal hair girl cuss me the other day for similar. As she was talking about her new job at Starbucks was a hard adjustment.. lol

I like the mask glove wearers that are buying cases of sodas and HoHos.
    People are dumb as sh..

I wish people would stop watching liberal media and realize the percent of people that get sick from the virus is super small and the virus kills very very few people.
    The ventilator might kill you
    The pain meds might kill you
    Obesity might kill you
    Underlying health problems might kill you.
    If your at risk stay home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Team Savage
    Funny thing is, I think both my wife and had the "PLAGUE" back in late November/ early December. Same symptoms as what going on now.
    Mine lasted just shy of a month and the wife had a couple of issues so she did the Dr. thing. Got the throat swab thing and was told she had a virus and had to live with it a bit longer. Lasted another week or so for her. She was already on the mend when she saw the Dr.
    We don't go out much anyway so no big deal. The mask thing and the no TP thing is what gets me. I kinda miss being able to take the wife out for a bite to eat but other than that, I'll deal with it.
    The media has this thing blown so far out of shape that no one really knows just what to do. When folks got the flu and were dropping like flies, all you could hear were the crickets. Now !!! Really makes you wonder who is in control???

Basic Member
    AFAIK, The real stats are WAY under recent years flu season, the video of hospital's "overrun" were all off shore, not here in the US. (despite the never ending loop's on all cable news, except FOX, claiming otherwise) If not for the easily scared folks, watching CNN and the rest of the lame stream, far left leaning media, we likely wouldn't notice. 7-24 the media whips up hysteria with lies, false opinions and made up stats. Dems want to protect Obamacare by treating as few people as possible. It's way easier to lie about the numbers than to actually help sick people recover.

IMHO, the economy was shut down so that the left could execute a power grab and shred the constitution. (their last coup attempt failed with impeachment) The republican congress is actually trying to help the small business folks, but the other side of the aisle wants to backload the new bills with progressive pork and outright theft.

I've quit taking my local news paper. When circulation called to ask why, I told them "I want to read NEWS, if I want some dickhead's opinion, I'll watch TV"

OK, Off the soapbox now, back under my rock.

Paul

Team Savage
    "IMHO, the economy was shut down so that the left could execute a power grab and shred the constitution. (their last coup attempt failed with impeachment) The republican congress is actually trying to help the small business folks, but the other side of the aisle wants to backload the new bills with progressive pork and outright theft"

I think you just about covered it from start to finish. What I wonder is, just how many folks really see what's going on?
    Maybe November will tell the tale? We can only hope peoples eyes are open.

Basic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nor Cal Mikie View Post
    "IMHO,
    Maybe November will tell the tale? We can only hope peoples eyes are open.
    Actually its over now, and they know it, and thats the problem their having.

LOL....Is all I got to say !!

I wonder if Wally World restocked cherry pie ??
    Keeping my bad Karma intact since 1952

What I wonder is, just how many folks really see what's going on?
    A retired general i listen to a lot said last week "China is winning WWIII without firing a shot."

I wonder if Wally World restocked cherry pie ??
    They did! Peach cobbler too! Alas no blackberry cobbler. Rona virus probably killed all the berry pickers....that will be on CNN or Rachel Maddow any day now.

The thing I laugh at the most during all this is is the fake sense of security people think they have with workers wearing gloves (i.e. cashiers, drive-thru attendants, etc). Unless these workers change their gloves after passing money or items back and forth between each customer they're doing nothing to stop the spread other than protecting themselves. Such businesses can't afford to have their employees going through boxes and boxes of gloves every day (that's even if they could get them in such quantities). Yes the masses keep thinking they're somehow protected by these people wearing gloves.

Ordered a pizza the other night - first one in almost two months, and I watched the girl at the pick-up window who took my money, worked the register and handed me my food and change turned right around and walked over and immediately went back to work making someone else's pizza with the same gloves on.

I guess it's the thought that counts, right?

What I'm really dreading at this point is that I'm going to have to become one of the overprotective "keep me in a plastic bubble" types here in another couple weeks when my 78 y/o mom starts chemo.
    "Life' is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid." ~ John Wayne
    “Under certain circumstances, 
urgent circumstances, desperate circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer.” —Mark Twain

I don't worry about the glove thing much as long I don't get slapped
    in the face with it. If you believe the the science, it's an air born pest
    and not to breathed in, and why the hype about washing your hands,
    don't touch your face, and don't pick your nose as we told our kids and
    now our grand kids.....Now something I thought about going to the bank
    this morning. My banks lobby is closed and we have to use the drive thru
    with the air launch tubes. I never gave it a second thought that when I'm
    inserting my slip, I'm breathing into that module then sending it on the way !!
    The opposite is true on their end. Mostly I see their face on the monitor
    screen, and mostly no one has a mask on.....I will also add that here in Erie
    Pa, our numbers are stupidly low. Most are found in the city itself near
    hospitals (go figure) My son lives 12 miles south of me in Waterford, and they
    have had "0". My brother lives 18 miles to the west of me In Girard. They have
    had "0". Warren Pa about 60 miles east of me, remains about spotless. There
    are 3 things that every one of these 3 outlaying areas have in common. Anyone
    care to guess ??

Damn it !! No cherry pie in stock. There was this deep dish, Dutch apple though
    that I will assassinate tonight if it don't get me first.....

Basic Member
    Forget the pie, you should be out there catching some of those big Walleyes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by yobuck View Post
    Forget the pie, you should be out there catching some of those big Walleyes. lol
    Actually I still have a freezer full, and just getting tired of eating them. I still
    prefer yellow perch. Brother has been trying to get out, but the lake has been
    pretty rough to go out to the trenches where their at. In closer it's all Small
    Mouth and Sheep Head.

Hit up my favorite beer distributor this morning. Case of Yuenger's, and Erie's
    own "Rail Benders". So I got plenty for the beer batter.

Getting more relaxed in my area. It's nice to see the kids out running around,
    although technically they should still be inside doing their online book learning
    to the schools. Seniors are done but everyone else has officially another week.

"i heard you karen, go home where you are safe"
    The Dunning-Kruger effect is alive and well.