Going to attempt my first build, either a 6x68 (I’m a 6.8 SPC fan) or a 243 for a dedicated all weather predator rifle.

I really like the Magpul stocks adjustability (12.5-13” ) for LOP and cheek riser (small head) along with the bedding system, semi flat forend and reinforced polymer. FYI- I call at night utilizing a tripod setup with reaper grip, suppressor and a thermal scope.

It seems Magpul is planning to release a Hunter stock for the Savage 110 action with screw hole spacing of 4.40 (Gen 3)

I have many guns that have a cerakote, blued, or a stainless finish (polished and bead blasted). Bead blasted stainless is by far my favorite look.

Is it better to buy a complete savage 110 rifle and sell the stock and barrel ? Post WTB in the classified section? Or is there a place that sells a 110 SS short action with accutrigger ?

Being my first Savage build and limited knowledge of what Savage has done in the past, what should I know about the 110 ? Is it something Savage started utilizing to save cost similar to the Edge/Axis and Axis II model ?

Any information or suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated.