Thread: Three die die rifle sets?

Three die die rifle sets?

Hi what does the third die in a rifle set do?
    thanks Dean
    RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.

Basic Member

Re: Three die die rifle sets?

Some die sets include full length resizing die, neck resizing die and a bullet seating die.
    Man and man's best friend. Still looking at the green side of sod

knickia

which set are you looking at ?

The Lee Deluxe Rifle set has neck/FL/Bullet.

I thought lee had one with the crimp die in it also, Necksizing /factory Crimp/Bullet seating dies.

Herman

Quote Originally Posted by knickia
    which set are you looking at ?

The Lee Deluxe Rifle set has neck/FL/Bullet.

I thought lee had one with the crimp die in it also, Necksizing /factory Crimp/Bullet seating dies.
    They do. They have Full length / bullet seating / factory crimp dies all in one set.

All of the above is true. I my self when buying Lee dies I will always buy the Deluxe 3 die set. The Deluxe set comes with a standard FL Sizer, a "collet die" neck sizer, and "dead length" seater which does not have a rpvision for crimping in it. I will also purchase a "factory crimp die" in case I ever need a crimp. I think the dead length seater is alot easier to use and set and I have noticed that the bullets seat better with it than with the Lee standard seating die with the crimp provision built in.

The other 3 die set that Lee offers is the Pacesetter series, which as is stated above to be a standard FL sizer, Seating die with crimp built in, and a Factory Crimp die.

If you buy a 3 dies set from Lee I recommend the Deluxe set and then buy a factory crimp die, rather than buy the Pacestter set and then decide to buy the Collet die seperate. Its usually cheaper to buy the Deluxe and then add the Factory Crimp die rather than the other way.
    204, 22 K-Hornet, 222, 223, 22-250, 22-250AI, 6BR, 243, 243AI, 6-06, 6-WSM, 250-3000AI, 270, 7-08, 7RM, 30BR, 308, 30-06, 375 H&H, 444 Marlin, 450BM, 458WM