Thread: Stevens 110E, same as Savage 110?

OICU812

Stevens 110E, same as Savage 110?

Hello all,

I am picking up a Stevens 110E tomorrow and am wondering a couple of things. I have been all over the web and find no info. that I am looking for. Basically what I am wanting to know is will a Savage 110 aftermarket stock fit this (what is the trigger guard bolt spacing)? Will any of the Savage 110 aftermarket barrels fit this (what is the thread shank dia. & TPI)? What about swapping out bolt heads with a Savage 110 bolt head? All the info. I am seeing is "A Stevens 200 is a Savage 110 without the accu-trigger"! That is all fine and good but what about the Stevens 110E? Is it the same as the Savage 110 in regards to interchangeability of these parts or did this vintage model get left out in the cold along the way?

The rifle I am picking up is a Stevens 110E in .30-06 by the way.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!

hailstone

Re: Stevens 110E, same as Savage 110?

Didn't know Stevens made a 110E but Savage did with flat top rear reciever. If memory serves the serial number started with either an "E" or "F" letter prefix. Every one that I've modified used the same parts as todays models. Bolt heads may be different due too firing pin diameter but never had too modify one so don't have first hand knowledge. By the way the "E" models that I've changed also were 30-06 originally.

L.H. Clark

Never fear,,,,,,,,the Stevens action is exactly the same as the Savage without the accu-trigger. Before the accutrigger there wasn't much to differentiate the two except the price tag. I love Stevens receivers for building projects. Sometimes the finish isn't as fine, but it's hard to notice unless you have them side-by-side. What I mean is, the Stevens' look great in their own right.

The only reason to get the Savage action for a build is if you want it to say Savage on the bolt.....IMHO...

82boy

The Stevens 110E was made some time a go, before Savage reintroduced the Stevens line with the 200 series. The gun is the same as a Savage 110E. I am not sure if they ever made any first generation short actions on a Stevens 110E, but with the gun your looking at being a 30/06 it would not be a short action anyway, and would use the same screw spacing ass all the long action Savages. (Except for 1st gen short action also know as a "J" action) It will use the larger firing pin, and have a three piece sear/bolt release, and it should use a 3 screw trigger. The parts will interchange with the modern guns, but some modification would be needed to use the newer small pin bolt heads.

OICU812

I just typed up a nice lengthy repy with thanks,info., and more questions. Upon submitting I had a system time out and all was erased. I will re-type it all when I get back from town! :-[ 82boy, This would be a small shank 1.055x20TPI on the bbl. then?

I am going to pick up the rifle now as I did not get a chance yesterday. Back in a bit.

Thanks guys for all your help thus far!

82boy

Quote Originally Posted by OICU812
    82boy, This would be a small shank 1.055x20TPI on the bbl. then?
    Yes

OICU812

Quote Originally Posted by 82boy
    Quote Originally Posted by OICU812
    82boy, This would be a small shank 1.055x20TPI on the bbl. then?
    Yes
    Thank you Sir!

Ok, so I finally picked up the rifle yesterday and did a full detailed strip/clean/inspection (less removing the bbl. nut and bbl.) and found the following. The rifle is in excellent condition. The only fault is that the stock has shrunk and warped in the barrel channel (obviously a common occurance with vintage wood stocks). 82boy everything you stated is correct as to the parts nomenclature (i.e. firing pin,trigger,sear bolt release). I plan to replace the stock with a Duramaxx and possibly the barrel with a Shaw .30-06 bull bbl. kit from one of the better known vendors in MO.

Thanks again for the helpfull info. fellows!

King Ghidora

obviously a common occurance with vintage wood stocks
    I have a '92 Savage 110 stock that did the same thing. The dealer must have had a trick to get it straight while it was in the store (probably steamed it). It stayed that way about 2 months. Now I have a new stock. ::) I still ended up with an excellent rifle for not a lot of money.