I’ve got a Savage Model 12BVSS in 223 Rem. I bought this rifle new 15+ years ago and never had the time to shoot it. Back then, I topped it with a Farrell 0 MOA picatinny mount, TPS steel rings (low) and a new Burris 6X-24X-44 Signature series scope. While sighting it in, I found that I ran out of elevation adjustment in the up direction - and I was only working at 50 yards. Everything was professionally mounted and not done halfway. I contacted Burris and they suggested their Signature rings with the Posi-Align inserts to get things on target. Today, I remounted the scope with the Signature rings and the 0 MOA inserts for a baseline. I also centered the elevation and windage adjustments, leaving an equal number of clicks in either direction. Test-firing at 100 yards, my 5-shot group was sub 1/2”. The group, however, was exactly 12” low and 13” left. Before I go and start playing with the inserts to get things centered, I was hoping to reach out to those who are much more experienced in this department to see if this is common. Thank you in advance for your input.