I was looking at these this morning and at under 6 lb, accufit stock, etc they seem like a really nice liteweight rifle. Has anyone tried one yet?

I've been interested in 280AI's for some time now, I've had a 260AI as well as a .223 AI- all on Savage Actions- I must be a glutton for punishment here with all the fireforming--> Although Nosler sells pre blown out 280 AI brass so that seems a non issue now if I want to use that.

I was just wondering:

- How you like it?
- How does the barrel do after the 3rd shot upon heating up accuracy wise?
- Is it "too lite" to shoot well off a rest?
- What are you thoughts in general--> both on the rifle and the 280AI with the 22 inch barrel they only offer it it? Id prefer it in 24" but that's not available standard it seems.

I like the idea of a lite weight general purpose rifle that can take getting knocked around a little bit getting up in and out of stands. My hunting is 90% white tails out to 300 yds where I hunt, possible Muley's, Antelope and some day, Elk/ Moose, no Big Bears though, maybe someday a black bear.

Ive been filling this role with a Custom Mauser in 7-08 with a 22" bbl that has been amazing, but as I've aged it would be nice to have something lighter for hunts where I'm walking in far. The 7-08 handloaded with 140 Nos bt's and Sierra Game Kings/ Varget just under 2900 FPS has killed everything I've ever shot with it from 40 yds to the wall hanger in my Guy Room that was taken with 1 shot at 320 yds very good. The 280AI should do all that but a little better Im imagining.

Thoughts?